San Diego is the only place on the whole West Coast on the list. In fact, with the exception of a little place called Mount Rushmore, we’re the only place West of the Mississippi to make the cut.
The experts at ShermansTravel called out our awesome beaches and fantastic fireworks. There are fun things to do and lots of colorful displays of American pride all over town during the Independence weekend. Here’s a few of my faves:
- The Big Bay Boom fireworks display over San Diego Bay is the biggest in the region with great viewing spots all along the bay front and cruises out on the water.
- Smokey Robinson will perform July 4 at the San Diego County Fair at the Del Mar Fairgrounds before the 9 p.m. fireworks show and rides stay open until midnight.
- Over the Independence weekend on July 3, 4 and 5, SeaWorld’s Summer Nights fireworks over Mission Bay will be set to patriotic music for a bigger, longer celebration.
- In Carlsbad at LEGOLAND California, the Red, White and Boom celebration will include fun family games, a performance by kiddie favorites The Jumpitz and a 8:30 p.m. fireworks show.
- On the Embarcadero on San Diego Bay on July 3, 4 and 5, the San Diego Symphony will present a Star Spangled Pops concert each evening at 7:30 p.m.
- It’s a picture-perfect party on July 4th in Coronado with a parade down Orange Avenue, concert in Spreckels Park and fireworks over Glorietta Bay.