Spend the upcoming three-day Weekend in San Diego enjoying everything California’s Beach City has to offer including these top things to do.
Grab their hand. Look them in the eye. And rediscover that heart-pounding feeling of love at first sight as you two embark on an exciting romantic night out in San Diego this Valentine’s Day.
Macy’s Museum Month
Leap into 40+ museums in San Diego this February. Presented by Macy’s, this popular event allows participants to enjoy half-off entry fees at 40+ San Diego Museum Council membership museums. The savings encourages locals and visitors to explore a variety of arts, culture and science-oriented destinations. From Oceanside Museum of Art down to the Tijuana Estuary, there are ample opportunities for edutainment, creating memories and fun for the whole family.
When: Thru February 28, 2017
> Find out more about Macy’s Museum Month
Culture & Cocktails: Persian Nights
The Museum’s popular sundown series travels to ancient Persia (modern-day Iran) with an evening inspired by the newly installed Arts of Iran and Arts of South and Southeast Asia galleries. Find inspiration in the geometric Iranian motifs featured in the galleries to create your own mosaic choker necklace or cuff bracelet, add your personal flair to a collaborative sticky note mural, and enjoy a Darius the Great signature cocktail crafted by award-winning distillery Papa’s Pilar Rum. Portland-based artist Christina Lonsdale is bringing her Radiant Human photography laboratory to “make the metaphysical” tangible through extrasensory portraits of your aura!
Where: San Diego Museum of Art – 1450 El Prado, San Diego, CA 92101
When: February 16, 2017
Time: 6:00 to 10:00 PM
> Find out more about Culture & Cocktails: Persian Nights
Shaolin Warriors is a unique show performed by masters of kung Fu. In this fully choreographed theatrical production, Shaolin Warriors brings the remarkable skill, stunning movement and death-defying martial-arts prowess to stages throughout the world. These Kung Fu masters have trained from a very young age in mental and physical disciplines, perfecting the art of hand-to-hand and weapons combat, which allow them to perform feats one thought only possible in the movies.
Where: Historic Balboa Theatre – 868 Fourth Ave, San Diego, CA 92101
When: February 17, 2017
Time: 8:00 to 10:30 PM
Cost: Starting at $38
> Find out more about Shaolin Warriors
California Open Wildlife Art Festival
For the final time after 44 years, Pacific Southwest Wildlife Arts, is proud to present the “California Open Wildlife Art Festival.” The exhibition and competition attracts top carvers, wildlife artists and art lovers from all over the United States, Canada, Russia and Japan.
Where: Corky McMillan Event Center Liberty Station – 2875 Dewey Rd, San Diego, CA 92106
When: February 18-19, 2017
Time: 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM
> Find out more about the California Open Wildlife Art Festival
San Diego Winter Brew Fest
This special 1-day only fest will celebrate craft beverages from California and beyond and features live local music, food, and other vendors. This event benefits Outdoor Outreach and the San Diego Mountain Biking Association (SDMBA).
Where: San Diego Hall of Champions – 2131 Pan American Plaza, San Diego, CA 92101
When: February 18, 2017
Time: 6:00 to 10:00 PM
> Find out more about the San Diego Winter Brew Fest
Monster Jam® is one of the world’s largest and most famous monster truck tour featuring some of the biggest names in monster trucks including: Grave Digger, Dragon, Metal Mulisha, Monster Mutt Dalmatian, Soldier Fortune, VP Racing Fuels’ Mad Scientist, Hurricane Force, Big Kahuna, Storm Damage, Raminator, McGruff, Hooligan, Devastator, and Xtreme Diesel.
Where: Petco Park – 100 Park Blvd, San Diego, CA 92101
When: February 18, 2017
Time: 7:00 to 10:00 PM
Cost: Tickets start at $15
> Find out more about Monster Jam
Fee Free Day at Cabrillo National Monument
The National Park Service just turned 100 years old! Celebrate the start of their second century by visiting a park Cabrillo National Monument for a fee free voyage.
Where: Cabrillo National Monument – 1800 Cabrillo Memorial Dr, San Diego, CA 92106
When: February 20, 2017
Time: 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
> Find out more about Fee Free Day at Cabrillo National Monument
More Top Things to Do in San Diego
- Wild Africa – Thru April 29, 2017
- Radical Machines: Chinese in the Information Age – Through April 16, 2017
- The News in San Diego and San Diego in the News – Thru March 31, 2017
- Freaky Friday – Thru March 12, 2017
- Picasso at the Lapin Agile – Thru March 12, 2017
- Circus Vargas Presents Steam Cirque – Thru February 27, 2017
- Falstaff – Thru February 26, 2017
- 42nd Annual Small Image Show – Thru February 26, 2017
- San Diego Comic Fest – February 17-20, 2017
- San Diego Jewish Film Festival – Thru February 19, 2017
- San Diego Improve Festival – February 16-19, 2017
- Michael Quu Presents: Full Throttle Comedy – February 16, 2017
- Scott Breadlee’s Postmodern Jukebox – February 16, 2017
- Penn & Teller – February 17, 2017
- Ages and Ages – February 17, 2017
- DJ Kaos at FLUXX – February 17, 2017
- San Diego Pet Expo – February 18-19, 2017
- Insane Inflatable 5K – February 18, 2017
- The French Quarter House – Carnival of Mardi Gras – February 18, 2017
- Tango Obsession – February 18, 2017
- Whitney Cummings – February 18, 2017
- #IMomSoHard – February 18, 2017
- Walshy Fire From Major Lazer at FLUXX – February 18, 2017
- Jump Start Your Heart 5K – February 19, 2017