Spend the upcoming weekend in San Diego enjoying everything California’s Beach City has to offer including these top things to do.
Supergirl Surf Pro
The world’s top professional female surfers are back in Oceanside, CA for the 10th Supergirl Surf Pro. The weekend will be jam-packed with world-class competition that will have you on your toes and a festival village loaded with female-inspired vendors, activities and entertainment.
Where: Oceanside Pier, Oceanside, CA 92054
When: July 28-30, 2017
> Find out more about Supergirl Surf Pro
San Diego Padres vs. Pittsburg Pirates
Catch the San Diego Padres take on the Pittsburg Pirates at Petco Park! Game Day promotions and events include: Friday – Party in the Park, Saturday – Padres Baseball Hat, Sunday – KidsFest.
Where: Petco Park, San Diego, CA 92101
When: July 28-30, 2017
Cost: Check website for seat pricing
> Find out more about Padres vs. Pirates
Pump Up The Volume: A 90’s Palooza!
Seven strangers escape from the grind of two-thousand-now into the 1990s and relive the pimpin’ pop culture, phat fads and stylin’ fashion of the eclectic decade that’s all that and a bag of chips. Join them as they grunge, swing, vogue, rave, do the Carlton through the hits of Nirvana, Pearl Jam, U2, Bjork, Britney, Tori, Hootie, Shania, Alanis, Mariah, Celine, Tupac, Garth, Faith, JLo, Ricky Martin, NSYNC, Boys II Men, Christina, Spice Girls, and many more, while they rediscover their voice in a world longing to connect on the precipice of a new millennium.
Where: Horton Grand Theatre – 444 Fourth Avenue, San Diego, CA 92101
When: July 28 – September 10, 2017
> Find out more about Pump Up The Volume: A 90’s Palooza!
Bayside Summer Nights – Hooray for Hollywood!
The San Diego Symphony’s popular salute to movie music of yesterday and today returns with a brand new set of breathtaking film clips and all-time favorite themes from the silver screen.
Where: Embarcadero Marina Park South – 200 Marina Park Way, San Diego, CA 92101
When: July 28, 2017
Time: 7:30 to 9:30 PM
> Find out more about Bayside Summer Nights – Hooray for Hollywood!
Imperial Beach Surf Dog
Get stoked! It’s time for the most adorable surf event of the year . . .The Imperial Beach Surf Dog Competition, where fearless surFUR dogs will jump on their boards and hang 20! The Imperial Beach event is the original surf dog competition. Check out the action adjacent to the Imperial Beach Pier, where more than 60 dogs are expected to participate in this family friendly event, which raises funds for the San Diego Humane Society.
Where: Imperial Beach Pier – 2 Elder Avenue, Imperial Beach, CA 91932
When: July 29, 2017
Time: 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM
Cost: Free to spectators
> Find out more about Imperial Beach Surf Dog
U.S. WNT vs. Brazil
The U.S. Women’s National Team will play its second game of the 2017 Tournament of Nations against longtime rival Brazil at Qualcomm Stadium. Prior to the U.S. WNT Game, Japan will take on Australia as part of a double-header day of soccer.
Where: Qualcomm Stadium – 9449 Friars Rd., San Diego, CA 92108
When: July 30, 2017
First Kick: 2:15 PM
> Find out more about U.S. WNT vs. Brazil
More Top Things to Do in San Diego
- SeaWorld’s Electric Ocean – Thru September 4, 2017
- Nighttime Zoo at the San Diego Zoo – Thru September 4, 2017
- Rock the Yacht! Cruise – Thru September 2, 2017
- Balboa Park After Dark – Thru September 1, 2017
- Sunset Luaus on Mission Bay – Thru September 1, 2017
- California Dreaming Beach Party – Thru August 31, 2017
- Ken Ludwig’s Robin Hood! – Thru August 27, 2017
- Stagecoach Days – Thru August 26, 2017
- Summer Safari at the San Diego Zoo Safari Park – Thru August 13, 2017
- Guys and Dolls – Thru August 13, 2017
- Wonderspaces – Thru July 30, 2017
- San Diego Padres vs. New York Mets – Thru July 27, 2017
- National Carousel Day in Balboa Park – July 25, 2017
- Delta Rae – July 25, 2017
- Oceana Coastal Beer Pairing Dinner – July 26, 2017
- I Love SD Movies Series – Almost Famous – July 26, 2017
- John Waite – July 26, 2017
- Michelle Wolf – July 27-29, 2017
- New Orlean Jazz Featuring Dr. John – July 27, 2017
- Magic: Close Up in Concert – July 27, 2017
- Elephante at OMNIA San Diego – July 27, 2017
- Reckless Kelly – July 27, 2017
- Bollywood Dancing Night – July 28, 2017
- Beatles vs. Stones – July 28, 2017
- Hotel Del’ California Clambake – July 28, 2017
- Peloton National Tour – July 28, 2017
- 14th Annual Del Mar Handicap Challenge – July 29-30, 2017
- Del Mar Gourmet Food Truck Festival – July 29, 2017
- Healthy Living in the City Yoga – July 29, 2017
- First People: A Revised Chronology of San Diego – July 29, 2017
- 9th Annual Vista BBQ Classic – July 29, 2017
- Karl Strauss’ Arts & Amps – July 29, 2017
- Grenache/Carignan Bottling – July 29 2017
- Zedd at OMNIA San Diego – July 29, 2017
- Paranormal Investigation of the Davis-Horton House – July 29, 2017
- Solana Beach Triathlon, Duathlon, & Aquabike – July 30, 2017
- Live Well San Diego 5K – July 30, 2017
- Maxi Priest – July 30, 2017