Spend the upcoming weekend in San Diego enjoying everything California’s Beach City has to offer including Halloween Happenings and these top things to do.
Halloween Fun for the Whole Family
The wait leading up to chocolate bliss can be torture, but there are plenty of fun ways for families to celebrate the spooktacular Halloween fun in San Diego this weekend!
Halloween is upon us and is time to leave the trick-or-treating to the kids. This Halloween leave your lair to roam the streets and clubs of San Diego and have a ball at the wickedest Halloween parties in town.
Haunted Houses, Trails, and Hotels
As the days grow shorter and the weather grows colder, our dearly (and not-so-dearly) departed rise again for their unwelcome annual visit. If you’re brave or foolish enough to greet them in person, head out to one of these haunted houses and trails throughout San Diego County.
The Zoo Story
Written in 1958, The Zoo Story achieved instant acclaim for the “recognizable humanity of its characters” (Green, 2004) and for its themes of daily despair beneath the surface of middle-class life. The play explores themes of isolation, loneliness, miscommunication, and dehumanization in a commercial world.
Where: Pioneer Park – 1521 Washington Place, San Diego, CA 92103
When: October 28 – November 12, 2017
> Find out more about The Zoo Story
Swan Lake is the quintessential ballet with girls in white tutus, a gallant prince, and the tragic tale of a beautiful Swan Queen imprisoned under the spell of an evil sorcerer. Swan Lake is the ultimate power struggle between good and evil, paired with the promise of everlasting love.
Where: San Diego Civic Theatre – 1100 Third Avenue, San Diego, CA 92101
When: October 28-29, 2017
> Find out more about Swan Lake
SoCal Etsy Guild Market
Join us for an amazing day of handmade fun! Local Designers, Live Art, Handmade Vendors, Music, and much more.
Where: Horton Plaza Park – 900 Fourth Avenue, San Diego, CA 92101
When: October 28, 2017
Time: 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM
> Find out more about the SoCal Etsy Guild Market
Join us and explore the Downtown neighborhoods of Little Italy, The Gaslamp Quarter, East Village and Barrio Logan. CicloSDias is FREE and fun for all ages and all non-motorized transportation types. CicloSDias opens up the streets for people to have a car-free care-free time to walk, ride bikes, roll on skateboards, scooters, and roller skates.
Where: Downtown, San Diego, CA 92101
When: October 29, 2017
Time: 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM
> Find out more about CicloSDias Downtown
Celebrate the Craft
“Celebrate the Craft” will feature the finest food artisans from across California’s broad culinary spectrum, demonstrating, discussing, and tasting their way through the vast array of premium food and wine products available.
Where: The Lodge at Torrey Pines – 11480 North Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, CA 92037
When: October 29, 2017
Time: 11:30 AM to 3:00 PM
> Find out more about Celebrate the Craft
More Top Things to Do in San Diego
- Sherman Heights Dia de los Muertos – Thru November 2, 2017
- Halloween at the Whaley House – Thru October 31, 2017
- The Haunted Trail of Balboa Park – Thru October 31, 2017
- Boomont Park Fall Festival and Haunt – Thru October 31, 2017
- Savage House – October 31, 2017
- The Scream Zone – October 31, 2017
- The Haunted Hotel – Thru October 31, 2017
- The Great Annual Pumpkin Festival – Thru October 31, 2017
- SeaWorld’s Halloween Spooktacular – Thru October 29, 2017
- Del Mar International Horse Show – Thru October 29, 2017
- Pumpkin Express – Thru October 29, 2017
- LEGOLAND’s Brick-or-Treat Party Nights – Thru October 28, 2017
- Julian Melodrama – Thru October 28, 2017
- Hops on the Harbor with Green Flash – Thru October 27, 2017
- Zandra Rhodes Fashion Show Luncheon – October 24, 2017
- Taco Tuesday Takeover with El Puerco Del Mar – October 24, 2017
- Real Estate at Music Box – October 24, 2017
- M. Ward with Palehound – October 24, 2017
- Haley Reinhart with Savannah Outen & Sophia Alone – October 25, 2017
- A Tribe Called Red at Music Box – October 25, 2017
- Joe Machi – October 26-28, 2017
- Save Ferris at Music Box – October 26, 2017
- An Evening with Thievery Corporation – October 26, 2017
- The Bloody Beetroots Live – October 27, 2017
- Haunted Tales Aboard the Star of India – October 28, 2017
- Wyo and Band of Gringos with Shane Hall – October 28, 2017
- The Expanders and Passafire – October 28, 2017
- San Diego Beer & Music Festival – October 28, 2017
- Carrera de los Muertos San Diego – October 29, 2017
- Joan Osborne Sings the Songs of Bob Dylan – October 29, 2017
- An Evening with Steel Pulse – October 30, 2017
- Johnny Clegg The Final Journey Tour – October 30, 2017
- Low End Thoury Featuring Gaslamp Killer and More – October 31, 2017