Spend the upcoming weekend in San Diego enjoying everything California’s Beach City has to offer including these top things to do.
When: March 9-11, 2018
Where: Japanese Friendship Garden of San Diego – 2215 Pan American Way E, San Diego, CA 92101
This year marks the Japanese Friendship Garden of San Diego’s 13th annual Cherry Blossom Festival! Visitors are able to enjoy the Japanese custom of hanami – appreciating the beauty of cherry blossom flowers. Last year, our cherry blossoms attracted over 12,000 people and are expected to surpass that number as this will be our second year holding the festival over three days! Each day will be accompanied by various food vendors, cultural performances and demonstrations, and a plethora of family friendly activities!
When: March 10 – April 15, 2018
Where: San Diego Zoo Safari Park – 15500 San Pasqual Valley Rd, Escondido, CA 92027
Guests can walk through the Butterfly Jungle—filled with butterflies of all colors and sizes.There’s a special thrill in being surrounded by these fluttering beauties—and guests wearing bright colors, may find the winged wonders perching on them! Enjoy taking amazing photos and “putting a face to a name” using the butterfly identification guides provided. Guests can also embark on the exclusive Butterflies and Friends Behind the Scenes tour to get up close and personal with bats, sugar gliders, and of course—thousands of butterflies!
When: March 10-11, 2018
Where: Julian Town Hall – 2129 Main Street, Julian, CA 92036
Visit Julian to marvel at daffodils on display and have any questions about daffodils answered by National Daffodil Society experts. This event draws many entrants and has a strong youth entrance as well. It will also feature Children’s Art – Water Colors of Daffodils.
When: March 10, 2018
Where: Embarcadero Marina Park South – 200 Park Way, San Diego, CA 92101
If you’re interested in going to the most amazing beer festival in the history of mankind while helping out a great cause, keep reading. If not, please take a moment to throw your device into the ocean. You’ll get to taste beer from nearly 100 of the West Coast’s craft breweries, enjoy the sweet sounds of local bands and possibly enjoy a sensible lunch from our food truck alley. Plus, every ticket sold supports Cuck Fancer and helps a cancer patient.
When: March 10, 2018
Where: 2896 North Park Way, San Diego, CA 92104
Enjoy unlimited tastes of beer from 35+ San Diego homebrewers as well as some local breweries! Festival attendees will taste and vote for their favorite beer and enjoy street-side chats by our beer professionals, vendors, food and more!
When: March 11, 2018
Where: Pepper Park – 3299 Tidelands Avenue, National City, CA 91950
This day-long, community-friendly event attracts thousands each year, giving families an opportunity to come together and celebrate San Diego’s Mexican heritage through Mariachi music, colorful traditional ballet folkloric dancing, and a grand celebration of the arts, culture and culinary delights.
When: Thru March 11, 2018
San Diego Film Week is a 10-day event showcasing films produced by local filmmakers. With over 140 locally produced films screening, there will be films from up-and-coming film students, as well as established filmmakers alike.
More Top Things to Do in San Diego
- The Flower Fields – Thru May 14, 2018
- Music in the Courtyard at Forgotten Barrel Winery – Thru April 7, 2018
- Stone IPA Madness – March 31, 2018
- Universal Notes, An Art Exhibition – Thru March 31, 2018
- Hops on the Harbor with Duck Foot Brewing – Thru March 30, 2018
- Uncle Vanya – Thru March 11, 2018
- San Diego Festival of Science & Engineering – March 11, 2018
- The Amazing Acro-Cats in San Diego – Thru March 11, 2018
- Barrios Hermanos Presents: Border Art – Thru March 9, 2018
- Aries Spears – March 8-10, 2018
- Taste of Third – March 8, 2018
- Two Scientest Walk into a Bar – March 8, 2018
- Antibalas with Her Lies Man – March 8, 2018
- Saint Archer Beer Dinner at the Clubhouse Grill – March 8, 2018
- Wine Dinner featuring Schramsberg Winery – March 8, 2018
- Modern Masters in Music: An Evening with Julia Vari – March 9, 2018
- Dead Man’s Party – March 9, 2018
- Circle of Art – March 10-11, 2018
- Tomatomania – March 10-11, 2018
- You can be a Veterinarian Camp – Surgery – March 10, 2018
- The Great Inflatable Race in San Diego – March 10, 2018
- The Ten Tenors Wish You Were Here Tour – March 10, 2018
- San Diego Half Marathon & 5K – March 11, 2018
- Karla Bonoff – March 11, 2018
- The Pandolfo Quartet: Marais 1689 – March 11, 2018
- G. Love & Special Sauce – March 11, 2018