Search Our Blog
Meet the Bloggers
Images of San Diego
Category Archives: Tours & Sightseeing
The California Travel and Tourism Commission wants you experience life as a Californian. You can enter a weekly quiz with a chance to win a $250 Visa Gift Card, round trips flights, or a grand prize trip. I know that you will want to win the San Diego Grand Prize trip! Below is what you could win:
Grammy Award-winning singer-songwriter Jason Mraz calls San Diego home. Get the star treatment when you and three (3) of your friends are chauffeured in a VIP Mercedes to and from a Jason Mraz concert in Southern California. Go backstage before or after the …
Yesterday Stone Brewing Co. made some awesome announcements.
If you’re not already familiar with Stone, the San Diego-based brewer is mostly known for its “arrogant” beers. Regionally, it is the largest craft brew distributor in Southern California. It also operates Stone World Bistro & Gardens in Escondido. According to Stone, the bistro is the third most attend tourist destination in North County. I can say from first-hand experience that the food is amazing, topped only by the beer selection.
Luckily for me, Stone is opening a tasting room in South Park (I can now ride my bike for a growler fill!). …
Mission Beach/Bay is getting a lot of attention lately. I am guessing it is the upcoming beach weather. Recently Family Vacation Critic ranked Mission Beach’s Boardwalks as one of the top ten in the nation. Below is what they had to say:
Mission Beach — Pacific Boardwalk, San Diego
Like the city of San Diego, Ocean Front caters to outdoorsy people with Hamel’s Surf Shop offering kayaks, surfboards, bikes and beach toys. Surfers have an alternative at FlowRider, a man-made wave generator machine that is easier for beginners to learn on. FlowBarrel also creates 10-foot waves for pros. A few minutes …
A few months ago I revealed some little known places around the ”Crown City” of Coronado that many folks hadn’t heard of. During a recent media tour I discovered a few more secret and not so obvious spots around the island worth checking out.
Following are my five hidden gems:
- Stare down… The stately Glorietta Bay Inn is a treasure trove of behind-the-scenes areas that guests rarely – or never – see. In addition to a basement and sub-basement (how low can you go?), there’s an inconspicuous door leading to a hidden passageway on the first floor. Within the secret alcove a three-story staircase spirals down from
Our Escape to San Diego Sweepstakes is in full swing. We are giving away a 5 night stay at the Hilton San Diego Bayfront Hotel and round-trip airfare for two! Contest ends May 13, 2011, so be sure to enter today. How would you spend your five days in San Diego? Last week I highlighted our amazing beaches and outdoors. Sure we have an average year-round temperature of 70 degrees and over 70 miles of beaches, but there is so much more to explore. Today I’m highlighting the perfect Urban Escape.
The Hilton San Diego Bayfront Hotel is the …
Spring Break has come and gone, but to ensure those postcard images of San Diego linger on through Memorial Day – and to put folks in a summertime frame of mind – following are five fun activities to try in Coronado that are just “beachy”!
BTW, forecast for this weekend: clear skies and warm!
Let’s soak up the sun:
- Take a stand… Stand up paddle boarding! This popular past time is often seen in the calm waters of San Diego Bay or just beyond the surf line of Silver Strand Beach and Coronado Beach. For first-timers, lessons are available from Loews Coronado Bay Resort’s
But I’m not talkin’ about animal encounters at the San Diego Zoo or Safari Park.
Rather, wild and mighty creatures (plus one of the most mysterious kind) can be found in East County – an expansive rural area we refer to as San Diego’s backyard. Here the great outdoors beckons and inspires folks to not only embrace, but also give back to nature by caring for and giving a home to animals great and (very) small.
Following are 5 to try:
- Howl!…The California Wolf Center, located just south of Julian, is
1. Over 90 races in two days will be held in Mission Bay at the 38th Annual San Diego Crew Classic. Spectators can watch as collegiate, junior and masters athletes compete for early season honors and coveted trophies. Be sure to check out the shore-side tent row for alumni and clubs, the jumbotron displaying races start to finish, a beer garden on the sand, and much more!
2. Did you know there are over fifteen designated gardens in Balboa Park? Spring is a great time to see what is blossoming at the nation’s largest urban cultural park. One …
Travel & Leisure recently named San Diego as the #3 destination for Best Time to Visit – Spring Break. And why wouldn’t we be? From beaches to attractions to the best weather in the country (we were named #1 for weather!); San Diego has so much to offer.
One great way to see San Diego’s best attractions, museums and general sightseeing is the Go San Diego Card. With the Go San Diego Card, visitors can purchase 3, 5, and 7 day cards that will give you entrance into over 50 San Diego area venues. Popular itineraries include the …