Search Our Blog
Meet the Bloggers
Images of San Diego
Tag Archives: del mar
Did you know San Diego is located on almost the same latitude at Japan’s capital?
Yep, head practically due East across the Pacific from San Diego and you’ll end up in Tokyo. Or, save on airfare and dine out for San Diego Restaurant Week.
Enjoy incredible sushi, sashimi and more at:
San Diego’s seaside location, with more than 70-miles of sparkling coastline, makes the town a natural for spectacular seafood and it’s definitely something that most visitors splurge on at least once during their visit to the region.
But, seafood is expensive, especially for items like crab, lobster or oysters. Right?
Here are a few that are calling to me like a siren song:
- Blue Point Coastal Cuisine, located in the heart of downtown’s Gaslamp Quarter, kicks off their
The holiday season is almost over and what better time to celebrate then by treating yourself to a relaxing spa treatment. A few weeks ago, I was lucky enough to attend an event and have a sampling of some really great treatments. Spa Na’Mara, a new boutique spa in Del Mar, had their grand opening in December. Nestled inside the Stratford Inn, Spa Na’Mara incorporates the power of touch with natural marine-based products. Locals and visitors alike can savor a variety of treatments and services that help achieve maximum rejuvenation and balance – from signature massages and facials to …
It’s National Dessert Day, not that I think there needs to be one, to me every day is dessert day. My go to dessert is chocolate. Pretty much anything with chocolate will get my attention. Below is a sampling of some delicious creations you can find in San Diego. Tell us, what is your favorite dessert?
Cucina Urbana–This Banker’s Hill hotspot located at 5th and Laurel is well known among locals as a great place to get an affordable meal without comprising taste and ambiance. Currently, Pastry Chef Ben Rollins is featuring an Apple Gratin. They serve the dish …
1. Head over to Del Mar and enjoy the Annual Taste and Art Stroll on Saturday, October 2nd. The event includes a free art stroll, juried original artwork by talented, local and regional artists, live music, a children’s interactive art area and a pet stroll.
2. Share in the tradition “as American as apple pie” when you head up to Julian for the Annual Julian Fall Apple Harvest. The event runs from September 15-November 15th and celebrates the historic mountain town’s famous homemade apple pies and ciders. Visitors can also enjoy acres of colorful fall foliage, art shows, quaint …
Old Globe Theatre Shakespeare Festival: Set against a backdrop of spectacular Balboa Park and nestled among beautiful eucalyptus trees is the outdoor Lowell Davies Festival Theatre. Watch The Madness of George III on Friday, The Taming of the Shrew on Saturday or King Lear on Sunday. What a great place to enjoy a beautiful San Diego evening.
Del Mar Horse Racing: It’s doesn’t feel like …
The Del Mar horse racing season has begun, the races are in full-swing and there are some exciting events in store this summer.
Be sure to check the Events Calendar for information on the events taking place all season long.
Fridays & Select Saturdays: The Del Mar Summer Concert Series. Featuring “4 O’Clock Fridays,” (free concerts every Friday and select Saturdays after the last race). This year’s lineup includes Weezer, ZZ Top, The B52s and more.
Saturdays & Sundays: Daybreak at Del Mar. From 7:30 – 9:30 a.m., fans can get the inside scoop on …
In honor of the San Diego County Fair’s theme “Taste of the Fair,” my husband and I set out accomplish one goal: to find him the most outrageous fair food and take pictures of him eating it. After doing a pre-food walk around to listen to music and burn off some pre-feasting calories, we came upon one of my (guilty) fair favorites, the Australian Battered Potatoes. Think giant potato wedges, but more amazing and served in a bucket with nacho cheese and ranch dressing on the side.
- One of my favorite annual events, the Mission Federal Art Walk in Little Italy, will fill the streets with arts and entertainment this Saturday and Sunday. Among the multiple works of art will be live music, delicious food and beverages, vendor booths and fun activities for kids and families. The FREE event takes place from 11 a.m. – 6 p.m. both days.
- This weekend the old-west comes to San Diego for Western Week(end) at the Del Mar National Horse Show, one of the most prestigious equestrian events in the U.S. The event starts at 8