Search Our Blog
Meet the Bloggers
Images of San Diego
Tag Archives: safari park
Fall is a great time to visit San Diego. And it’s even better with kids free all month long in October. I plan on taking full advantage of all the free offerings around town. After the break are my top 5 fall activities I’m doing with my kids. Read More…
Springtime in San Diego makes a colorful entrance every year as warm weather sweeps through the County and brilliant flowers bloom. There are also spring celebrations at the region’s major attractions and enough festivals, fairs and events to keep visitors entertained throughout the season. Be sure to get outdoors and enjoy the beautiful San Diego Spring weather! Read More…
One of the best features of San Diego as a vacation destination is the countless number world-renowned attractions that offer adventure, thrills, education and engagement for your family. For those of us lucky enough to live here, especially with children, every weekend or holiday poses a dilemma of choosing which attraction to explore. From the Zoo that made San Diego world-famous, to close encounters with Shamu, there’s some serious voting and lobbying that goes on in our house when deciding what to do on a gorgeous San Diego weekend.
One attraction that often wins out on these debates is the San Diego Zoo Safari Park (formerly known as the San Diego Wild Animal Park) and as a member of the San Diego Zoological Society, our annual pass gets us in. February and March are great months to explore the park, when the temperatures are still mild and the animals are quite active. Read More…
1. Short Queue: The BA flight will be the only flight using the International facility when it lands making customs and luggage retrieval easy.
2. We have it all: With over 70 miles of beaches, year-round great weather and world class attractions including the San Diego Zoo and Legoland California, it’s so easy to experience the So Cal lifestyle.
3. Easy distance to other top destinations: Take the Pacific Surfliner train to Disneyland …
1.This past March, LEGOLAND California unveiled its newest exhibit, STAR WARS Miniland. Guests will be taken to a galaxy far, far away with six new live-action LEGO displays of memorable scenes from the classic Star Wars movies. Over 1.5 million LEGO bricks create life-size models and interactive features from famous Star Wars scenes including Tatooine, Endor, and the Millennium Falcon.
2. This summer, the San Diego Zoo is unveiling Panda Trek. This giant panda reserve will include newly built homes for the red pandas, takins and pit vipers as well as feature six species of bamboo and other Chinese plants …
1. The San Diego Zoo Safari Park presents Butterfly Jungle, April 9-May 8. During this four-week celebration, guests can walk through the Park’s Hidden Jungle, an African aviary, and surround themselves with thousands of butterflies of every shape, size and color. A variety of butterfly species flutter freely throughout the Hidden Jungle along with more than 100 birds, creating a realistic rainforest environment.
2. This annual spring event is a must see for any wine lover out there. South Coast Winery celebrates spring on April 10th from 3:00 – 7:00 pm with a blessing of the vineyards, followed by …
Travel & Leisure recently named San Diego as the #3 destination for Best Time to Visit – Spring Break. And why wouldn’t we be? From beaches to attractions to the best weather in the country (we were named #1 for weather!); San Diego has so much to offer.
One great way to see San Diego’s best attractions, museums and general sightseeing is the Go San Diego Card. With the Go San Diego Card, visitors can purchase 3, 5, and 7 day cards that will give you entrance into over 50 San Diego area venues. Popular itineraries include the …
Today, most of us were home to celebrate President’s Day. My son and daughter reminded me there have been 44 US President’s so far. In honor of that, we decided to come up with our 44 favorite things about San Diego. In NO particular order, this is some of what makes us happy to call San Diego home.
What do you think we are missing?
1. The weather
2. The Chargers
3. San Diego Bay
4. Hiking Torrey Pines
6. Balboa Park
7. Mission Bay
8. Little Italy Farmer’s Market
9. Safari Park
10. Cucina Urbana Restaurant