Cheers to an amazing weekend in San Diego enjoying everything California’s Beach City has to offer including St. Patrick’s Day celebrations and these top things to do.
When: March 14-24, 2019
Don’t miss the opportunity to be part of this 11-day experience which attracts an audience of more than 22,000 attendees from San Diego and our neighboring cities of Tijuana, Mexico and Los Angeles, CA.
Opens: March 15, 2019
Where: Fleet Science Center – 1875 El Prado Balboa Park, San Diego, CA 92101
Not all heroes walk on two legs! Join an immersive IMAX® adventure to experience the life-saving superpowers and extraordinary bravery of some of the world’s most remarkable dogs. As we discover the astonishing science behind their amazing abilities, we’ll never look at our best friends the same way again!
When: March 16-17, 2019
Where: Christmas Circle, Borrego Springs, CA 92004
This free outdoor art show is staged at Christmas Circle in the heart of the village of Borrego Springs. Approximately 60 artists will exhibit their quality work, representing a variety of media including: fine arts, oils and watercolors, photography, sculpture, pottery/ceramics, jewelry, fabric art and more.
When: March 16-17, 2019
Where: Del Mar Fairgrounds – 2260 Jimmy Durante Blvd, Del Mar, CA 92014
Come see San Diego’s best cake decorators compete in the largest event of its kind in California. The 36th annual San Diego Cake Show, themed “Red Carpet Cakes”, is a weekend with celebrity chef appearances, raffles, cake competitions, classes by world-renowned cake artists, shopping from the top caking vendors, and free stage demos.
When: March 16, 2019
Where: Fashion Valley Mall – 7007 Friars Road, San Diego, CA 92108
Enjoy unlimited food tastings inspired by celebrated Latino chefs, as well as unlimited beer and wine tastings provided by some of the best craft breweries and wineries from San Diego and Baja California! We’ll also have live music and live art showcases all day as well as a “BEST DISH” contest!
When: March 17, 2019
Where: Estancia La Jolla – 9700 N Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, CA 92037
But first, we brunch! Splurge on unlimited eats, bottomless beers, brunch cocktails and piping hot coffee at Brunch Bash. San Diego’s best brunch spots will serve up their signature dishes so you can meander through sun drenched gardens while dining on french toast, donuts, chilaquiles, and plenty of bacon. Sip a mimosa or bloody Mary with the sounds of live music in the background while you question how life could possibly get any better.
When: March 17, 2019
Where: SDCCU Stadium – 9449 Friars Rd, San Diego, CA 92108
Come bring your luck, your passion, and your friends and family to SDCCU Stadium to watch the Fleet take on the Eastern Conference opponents the Birmingham Iron.
When: Thru March 17, 2019
Gather up your favorite lads and lasses and celebrate the one day a year where everyone’s Irish. San Diego offers parades and celebrations suitable for the family and your little leprechauns, and late night parties and pub crawls with ever-flowing green beer for the grown-ups.
When: Thru April 28, 2019
Where: SeaWorld San Diego – 500 SeaWorld Dr, San Diego, CA 92109
Foodies and craft beer aficionados will love SeaWorld’s Seven Seas Food Festival, featuring craft beer from favorite local breweries, plus fresh international cuisine infused with local, sustainable ingredients and unique signature flavors from around the world.
When: Thru April
Each year, more than 20,000 gray whales make a 10,000-mile round-trip journey from Alaska to the lagoons of Baja California, where the females give birth to their calves. With 70 miles of coastline directly in the migration path, San Diego is an ideal destination to see this impressive parade of gentle giants.
More Top Things to Do in San Diego
- The Flower Fields – Thru May 12, 2019
- Tradition and Beyond – Thru April 28, 2019
- Angels in America – Thru April 20, 2019
- Diana at La Jolla Playhouse – Thru April 7, 2019
- Intimate Miracles – Thru Mach 30, 2019
- Understanding Surfaces, An Art Exhibition – Thru March 30, 2019
- Free Yoga in the City – Thru March 30, 2019
- Exhibition “Abducting Reality” Alexander Arshansky – Thru March 24, 2019
- Avant School of Cooking – Thru March 21, 2019
- Tiny Beautiful Things at The Old Globe – Thru March 17, 2019
- Gabriel at North Coast Repertory Theatre – Thru March 17, 2019
- The Amazing Acro-Cats in San Diego – Thru March 17, 2019
- Black Uhuru with Special Guest Onesty and Vibes Up – March 12, 2019
- Madeintyo with Thutmouse & Key – March 12, 2019
- Harland Williams – March 14-16, 2019
- Patterns in Music – March 14-15, 2019
- Nature & Me Storytime – March 14, 2019
- APA | San Diego Presents: Behind the Scenes with Photographers – March 14, 2019
- On the Steps at SDMA: A Celebration of Asian Arts – March 15, 2019
- Veuve Clicquot Champagne Dinner at Amaya – March 15, 2019
- Super Diamond with Fleetwood Marc – March 15, 2019
- Hell Fire Fat Tire – March 16, 2019
- Dogs that Serve – March 16, 2019
- Got Green? 2019 – March 16, 2019
- Baja Mezcal Tour – March 16, 2019
- Vintage Wine Dinner – March 16, 2019
- Super Diamond with Graceband – March 16, 2019
- House of Blues Gospel Brunch – March 17, 2019
- Scary Pockets – March 17, 2019
- Diana Cast Meet & Greet Brunch at A.R. Valentien – March 17, 2019