Celebrate the Padres’ 50th Anniversary Season in San Diego and more with a weekend in California’s Beach City enjoying these top things to do.
When: March 28-31, 2019
Where: Petco Park, San Diego, CA 92101
Catch the San Diego Padres take on the San Francisco Giants at Petco Park for the home opener series. The opening day game is sold out, but tickets are still available for Friday through Sunday games. Game day events and promotions include: Friday – Beerfest; Saturday – all-fan giveaway 50th Anniversary Swingin’ Friar Bobblehead, Fireworks Show; Sunday – First 15,000 fans giveaway Padres & Puppies Calendar, KidsFest, Friar Family Days, Kids Run the Bases.
When: March 28-29, 2019
Where: Sixth Ave & J St, San Diego, CA 92101
East Village is ready to hit the ball out of the park with this free, family-friendly, two-day block party on “J” Street between 6th & 10th. This San Diego tradition is a fan-favorite in welcoming back the “Boys of Summer” to East Village’s very own PETCO Park.
When: March 30, 2019
Where: Chollas Lake Park – 5850 College Grove Dr, San Diego, CA 92115
Water Lantern Festival is filled with fun, happiness, hope, and great memories that you’ll cherish for a lifetime. This is a family friendly event that can be shared by everyone. Enjoy local food trucks, music, and the beauty of lanterns lighting up the water at sunset.
When: March 31, 2019
Where: Maritime Museum of San Diego – 1492 N Harbor Drive, San Diego, CA 92101
This hilarious interactive show puts visitors right in the middle of the pirate action. Participants will be sworn in as part of the ship crew, trained how to navigate, sword fight, bail water from a sinking ship, escape from the Kings Jail, swab the deck and other pirate skills.
When: Thru March 31, 2019
Where: Park Hyatt Aviara Golf Club – 7447 Batiquitos Drive, Carlsbad, CA 92011
The Kia Classic features 144 of the best women golfers playing for the $1.8 million purse. 2018 Kia Classic Champion Eun-Hee Ji will be back to defend her title.
When: Thru April 28, 2019
Where: SeaWorld San Diego – 500 SeaWorld Dr, San Diego, CA 92109
Foodies and craft beer aficionados will love SeaWorld’s Seven Seas Food Festival, featuring craft beer from favorite local breweries, plus fresh international cuisine infused with local, sustainable ingredients and unique signature flavors from around the world.
When: Thru April
Each year, more than 20,000 gray whales make a 10,000-mile round-trip journey from Alaska to the lagoons of Baja California, where the females give birth to their calves. With 70 miles of coastline directly in the migration path, San Diego is an ideal destination to see this impressive parade of gentle giants.
When: Thru May 12, 2019
Where: San Diego Zoo Safari Park – 15500 San Pasqual Valley Rd, Escondido, CA 92027
Walk through the Butterfly Jungle, a greenhouse filled with butterflies of all colors and sizes. There’s a special thrill in being surrounded by these fluttering beauties—and guests wearing bright colors may find the winged wonders perching on them!
More Top Things to Do in San Diego
- The Flower Fields – Thru May 12, 2019
- Tradition and Beyond – Thru April 28, 2019
- Life After at The Old Globe – Thru April 28, 2019
- Angels in America at Cygnet Theatre – Thru April 20, 2019
- Diana at La Jolla Playhouse – Thru April 7, 2019
- Intimate Miracles – Thru Mach 30, 2019
- Understanding Surfaces, An Art Exhibition – Thru March 30, 2019
- Free Yoga in the City – Thru March 30, 2019
- Family Day at The NAT – Thru March 30, 2019
- Spring Camps at the Museum of Photographic Arts – March 25-29, 2019
- Ella Vos with Clara Mae – March 26, 2019
- Nick Thune – March 28-30, 2019
- Italian Food & Wine Pairing Dinner – March 28, 2019
- Galactic featuring Erica Falls – March 28, 2019
- The Shout House 15 Year Anniversary Party – March 28, 2019
- Scholarshare 529 Toddler Time: Finger Painting – March 29, 2019
- Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain – March 29, 2019
- Beatles vs Stones – March 29, 2019
- Mindfulness for Busy People – March 30, 2019
- Central SD Culinary Tour – March 30, 2019
- Dance Gallery – March 30, 2019
- Advanced Flintknapping with James Boden – March 30, 2019
- Californian Races in America’s Schooner Cup – March 30, 2019
- Portraits in Jazz: Piano Legends – March 30, 2019
- Clsse di Cucina – March 30, 2019
- The Empire Strips Back: A Burlesque Parody – March 30, 2019
- The Language of Art, an art exhibition – March 31 – April 28, 2019
- 2019 San Diego Tour de Cure – March 31, 2019
- 2019 Spring Wedding Showcase – March 31, 2019
- Music at the Maritime Concert Series – March 31, 2019
- Black Moth Super Rainbow – March 31, 2019