- This weekend is the 4th annual ArtWalk on the Bay, as in San Diego Bay along the downtown waterfront embarcadero. The event will feature live music, wine tastings, kids activities and of course, some of the region’s finest art. The free event takes place from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday at the Embarcadero Marina Park North (behind Seaport Village).
- San Diego’s culinary community joins forces for the 5th annual San Diego Restaurant Week, kicking-off this Sunday. More than one-hundred of the city’s top restaurants will offer prix-fixe, three-course dinner menus for just $20, $30 or $40 per person. Hungry? What a great excuse to eat, bon appétit!
- This Sunday, the spirit of Brazil comes to San Diego during the Brazilian Independence Day Street Fair & Parade in Pacific Beach. This family-friendly event will feature an amazing display of Brazilian culture with samba dancers, a capoeirea show (the super cool martial arts dance form), costumes, live music, food and a Carnival parade down Garnet Avenue; this free event takes place noon to 6 p.m. and I can’t wait! I’ve always wanted to visit Brazil, now I can get a taste without the expensive plane ride.
- The 18th Annual Paddle For Clean Water Festival takes place this Sunday at the Ocean Beach Pier from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. In an effort to raise awareness about the need for clean water, the San Diego Surfrider Foundation will host this free event with a non-competitive paddle out in Ocean Beach, live music, vendors, a huge raffle, kid zone, beer garden and food. Special shout out to San Diego’s own Tribal Seeds who will be performing at the event.
- Did you know that Sunday is National Grandparent’s Day? Well, my grandparents are my two most favorite people in the world, so in their honor, here are some special deals being offered this Sunday:
- Visit the Ruben H. Fleet Science Center where all grandparents accompanied by a paying child will receive free admission; enjoy a Grandparent’s Day brunch or dinner cruise with Hornblower Cruises & Events; experience Grandparent’s Day on the Bay with an introductory kayaking lesson across San Diego Bay to Coronado; or, at the very least just call your grandparents to say hi.
Search Our Blog
Sign Up for Our Newsletter
Images of San Diego