September is Arts Month here in San Diego, and we’re celebrating with everything from art walks to film festivals. But regardless of what month you visit, San Diego is a top destination for lovers of all forms of art.
Some of the city’s most intriguing artworks take a little bit of sleuthing to discover. Fortunately, you’ve got your own personal guide right here! Join me for a video tour as I search out some of San Diego’s hidden artistic treasures.
Want to track down these works of art yourself? Visit these helpful sites and put together a do-it-yourself San Diego arts scavenger hunt:
- See how many different murals you can count in Chicano Park
- Follow the Museum of Contemporary Art’s Invader Walk through downtown
- Get lost in a sea of graffiti art at Writerz Blok
- Hunt for the Stuart Collection on the UCSD campus
- Get a bird’s eye view of Tweet Street
- Play “Crab Carrillon” on the 25th Street Bridge
- Wander the streets of Golden Hill to find Spenser Little‘s wire sculptures