Treat dad to a special Father’s Day this weekend and check out these fun events :
1. This Saturday, watch adorable pups ride the waves during the 4th Annual Loews Coronado Bay Resort Surf Dog Competition at Imperial Beach. This free event, from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m., features talented surfing dogs as they surf in three different heats: small dogs, large dogs and tandem.
2. Head over to the UCSD campus this Saturday and Sunday and check out the 23rd Annual La Jolla Festival of Arts and Food Fair. The festival will have nearly 200 art displays, live music, food, book signings, and special events just for dads. The festival will also have a new attraction, Calle Color, a live street chalking exhibition.
3. Beginning this weekend, explore Park at Dark when the San Diego Zoo’s Wild Animal Park extends its summer hours to 8 p.m. As daylight turns to darkness, take nightime tours on Journey Into Africa, catch new summer shows with special animal encounters and watch as the park’s nocturnal creatures emerge.
4. Eat, shop and explore the Little Italy Mercato this Saturday from 9 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. More than 70 booths will take over Date Street and offer farm fresh produce, artisan foods and specialty items. There will also be live music and a special pet place.
5. Celebrate Father’s Day this Sunday by taking dad on a special kayaking adventure. Bike and Kayak Tours in La Jolla is offering all dads FREE kayak tours after 4 p.m. while the rest of the family will receive 10% off their tour.