San Diego is celebrating Cinco de Mayo in a big way; check out these five weekend fiestas:
- The 27th Annual Old Town Fiesta Cinco de Mayo takes place this Saturday and Sunday in Old Town State Historic Park. This FREE event features music and entertainment on five stages, a special kids area, delicious Mexican cuisine (may I please recommend Café Coyote’s handmade tortilla – you can buy them hot of the grill for less than $1 and they are so delicious!) and historical reenactments along the area’s main thoroughfare. The fiesta takes place from 11 a.m. – 10 p.m. on Saturday and from 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. on Sunday.
- This weekend, SeaWorld San Diego kicks-off its spring Viva La Música concert series with live performances in Shamu Stadium from award-winning Latin artists. A variety of performances will take place throughout the day from 9:05 a.m. to 6:15 p.m. followed by special performances from Julieta Venegas (8 p.m. on Saturday) and Flex (8 p.m. on Sunday). Grove to the music, enjoy delicious food and stay late for the Fiesta Fireworks show at 9:15 p.m. Viva La Música is included with park admission; however, wristbands are required and are only available on a first-come first-serve basis.
- This Sunday is the Third Avenue Village’s FREE Cinco de Mayo & Quinceaňera Extravaganza in Chula Vista. From 11 a.m. – 5 p.m., over 200 vendors, live entertainment, authentic Mexican food and beverages, arts and crafts, a kid’s zone, rides, fashion shows and salsa dancing contests will take over the city streets.
- This Saturday and Sunday Bazaar del Mundo Shops and Casa Guadalajara Mexican restaurant in Old Town are cooking up a great time with Cino-inspired cuisine and Cincoritas (margaritas in the colors of the Mexican flag). Additional festivities will include mariachi and folkloric dance performances and arts and craft displays.
- Celebrations will also take place this Sunday at the Oceanside Pier Plaza Amphitheatre during the FREE Oceanside Cinco de Mayo Fiesta. The event will feature live entertainment, vendor booths, food booths, music and more from 11:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.