Need ideas for Father’s Day? Whether you’re looking for an aquatic adventure or a day exploring San Diego’s museums, we’ve got you covered.
1. Julian Gold Rush Days(6/19 – 6/20) – There’s gold in them hills! Celebrate the discovery of gold in this mountain town of Julian with two days of events including gold panning, living history demonstrations, gold mine tours, book signings, chili cook-off, children’s crafts, gold nugget scavenger hunt, face painting, old fashioned games, historic skits, and more. Dad will have a blast getting in touch with his inner mountanieer, and maybe go home with a little bit of gold in his pocket!
2. Beers and Brats Brunch Cruise (6/20) – What better way to spend father’s day than aboard a Harbor Excursion cruise with delicious food, spectacular water views and endless flowing beer? Make reservations to spend the day on the bay with with an all-you-can-eat buffet. We can promise your dad (and his stomach) will thank you!
3. Father’s Day Kayaking (6/18 – 6/20)- Dad’s paddle out for free during Father’s Day weekend. Choose to cruise out of either Hike Bike Kayak’s Mission Bay or La Jolla locations and get ready to see San Diego sea life up close and personal.
4. San Diego Padres vs. Baltimore Orioles (6/18 – 6/20) – What better way to bond than over America’s favorite pastime? Catch a Padres game at PETCO Park during their three-day series against the Baltimore Orioles. Afterwards, check out what’s going on in the Gaslamp District and grab a bite to eat at a local restaurant.
5. Free Day at the Fleet (6/19 – 6/20) Dads get free admission during Father’s Day weekend at the Fleet Science Center! Spend the day playing with the museum’s interactive exhibits and take the time to see the newest IMAX flick.