Celebrating World Oceans Day was quite a treat,
Sea Life had an underwater reading, which surely was neat.
Polar bears judged snow sculptures at the Zoo,
And Hornblower Cruises offered free face-painting too.
But of course Cat in the Hat made quite a commotion,
When he paddled out with Surf Diva for a book reading in the ocean.
Missed out on all the fun you say? Well that’s ok,
Cuz World Oceans Day fun continues til Tuesday!
It’s official, I’ve got Seuss fever from all the World Oceans Day fun I had over the weekend. But just in case you missed out, there’s still more fun to be had tomorrow, June 8, the official World Oceans Day.
Attractions and Museums
- San Diego Botanic Garden will present a reading of “One Fish, Two Fish,” ocean-themed activities and arts & craft projects geared toward pre-school age children .
- Birch Aquarium at Scripps will host Seuss-themed activities, including a scavenger hunt of “zany named” fish and a special World Oceans Day dive show in its two-story kelp forest tank .
- The New Children’s Museum will celebrate World Oceans Day with a reading of “One Fish, Two Fish” at 10:30 a.m. and the creation of a massive ocean mural.
- SeaWorld San Diego will have a World Oceans Day booth, which will include live animal visits and educational games to remind visitors how to keep the oceans safe.
- Corvette Diner & Gamers Garage wil host a reading of “One Fish, Two Fish” at 3 p.m. with a local TV news personality and offer a “Wear Blue, Tell Two” promotion throughout the day.
- San Diego International Airport will hand out free souvenirs in celebration of World Oceans Day.