1. 18th Annual Sicilian Festival: The music, dance, culture and cuisine of Sicily come to the streets of downtown San Diego’s Little Italy neighborhood with four performance stages, a parade of costumed dancers, musicians and more, and best of all, it’s free! www.sicilianfesta.com
2. Old Globe Theatre: Thank Globe its Friday: Kick off the weekend in style with a pre-show bash. Includes hosted wine and martini bar, appetizers and dessert. This Friday you have your choice between August: Osage County or Life of Riley. www.theoldglobe.org
3. Wine, Blues and Brews Festival: Head up north to this annual event in Escondido that will feature live blues music on two stages, plus food and drink samples from local businesses. www.bonsallrotary.com
4. Western Days: Grab your boots and head up to Old Town Temecula as they relive the glory days of the gun-toting Wild-West. The event features a western art show, pony and stagecoach rides, chili cook-off, live music and high-noon shootouts. www.cityoftemecula.org Or head over to Rustic Ramona as it also embraces its Wild West roots with their annual rodeo. www.ramonarodeo.com
5. The Grand Del Mar Club M Wine Tasting: Head over on Friday night for complimentary wine tastings with Wine Director Jesse Rodriguez and Friends. Complimentary tastings will be offered 6:00 to 9:00 pm (while supplies last), along with music and dancing from 7:00 pm to 1:30 am.