1. Friday Parties at the Park: For three Fridays this month (June 3, 10, 24), PETCO Park will host themed pre-game parties before every Friday night Padres home game. This Friday’s party includes a Taste of Downtown. June 10 will be Margarita Park and June 24 is College Night. Festivities begin at 5:00 pm.
2. 6th Annual Loews Coronado Bay Resort Surf Dog Competition: Watch dozens of dogs take to the waves at this “pupular” tail-wagging event on June 4 at Imperial Beach. The competition includes dogs hanging 10 in the small, large and tandem (dog and owner on the same board) categories.
3. Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon: It’s a 26.2-mile race and block party all in one! The marathon begins in Balboa Park and finishes at SeaWorld San Diego. Live music and cheer squads line the route, while a killer post-race party celebrates everyone’s victory.
4. Art Around Adams: Stroll along Adams Avenue, Normal Heights and Kensington and see more than 100 storefronts transformed into art galleries or performance venues. Local bands will perform from 3:00 pm to 10:00 pm Saturday, June 4. A free shuttle will help you get around (with stand-up comedians on board!)
5. Fiesta del Sol: Head up north to Solana Beach and see this seaside music festival. This two day event includes free live entertainment as well as an arts-and-crafts fair, a kid’s area and food and drink vendors. Begins at 9:00 am Saturday and Sunday.