1. MCAS Miramar Air Show: Part of San Diego”s annual Fleet Week celebration, the year”s air show will celebrate the centennial of San Diego”s naval aviation, September 30-October 2. Among the planes featured in the salute are vitnage biplanes, Air Force Thunderbirds, a Navy Super Hornet and numerous stealth fighter jets.
- La Jolla Art & Wine Festival: This unique two-day festival, October 1 and 2nd will be held in the Village of La Jolla on Upper Girard Avenue and will showcase online casino over 150 juried fine artists, the Green Dragon Wine and Beer Garden, live entertainment at the Village Stage, a gourmet marketplace and Geppetto’s Family Art Center.
3. Oktoberfest!: Not one but two Oktoberfests kick off this weekend. The first in La Mesa runs from September 30-October2 and features a traditional German celebration with dancing, food, Bavarian bands, arts and crafts and commercial booths in the city of La Mesa.
El Cajon”s Oktoberfest runs from September 30-Octber 2 and October 7-9. Hosted by the German-American Societies of San Diego, this popular annual festival features authentic German food, pastries and a beer garden along with traditional German musicians and dancers, games, contests, vendor and craft booths.
4. San Diego Film Festival: This annual festival, September 28-October 2 in the Gaslamp, offers a fresh take on film premieres, featuring American and international features, thought-provoking documentaries, short films and music videos.
5. Julian Apple Days Festival: This two-day festival, October 1-2, at the Menghini Winery in Julian features music and dancing, an antique tractor display, children”s games, gold panning demonstrations, apple-related contests and more.