Saturday, September 24 is National Museum Day, an annual event hosted by Smithsonian magazine in which participating museums across the country open their doors for Free to anyone presenting a Museum Day ticket. You must register on the Smithsonian magazine website in order to receive the Museum Day ticket.
It’s a great opportunity to visit a museum you’ve never been to, or visit your favorite. I’ll be trying the Lux Art Institute in Encinitas…where will you go?
Below is a list of participating museums and be sure to bring your Museum Day ticket with you for your free admission.
- Barona Cultural Center & Museum – Lakeside
- Lux Art Institute – Encinitas
- Marston House Museum – San Diego
- Mingei International Museum – San Diego
- Museum of Making Music – Carlsbad
- Museum of Photographic Arts – San Diego
- Reuben H. Fleet Science Center – San Diego
- San Diego Air and Space Museum – San Diego
- San Diego Archaeological Center – San Diego
- San Diego Botanic Garden – Encinitas
- San Diego Chinese Historical Museum – San Diego
- San Dieguito Heritage Museum – Encinitas
- The Adobe Chapel Museum – San Diego
- The Whaley House Museum – San Diego