Saturday, September 24 is National Museum Day, an annual event hosted by Smithsonian magazine in which participating museums across the country open their doors for Free to anyone presenting a Museum Day ticket. You must register on the Smithsonian magazine website in order to receive the Museum Day ticket.
There are 14 museums participating in San Diego County including the Reuben H. Fleet Science Center and the Museum of Making Music in Carlsbad.
It’s a great opportunity to visit a museum you’ve never been to, or visit your favorite. I’ll be trying the Lux Art Institute in Encinitas…where will you go?
Below is a list of participating museums and be sure to bring your Museum Day ticket with you for your free admission.
- Barona Cultural Center & Museum – Lakeside
- Lux Art Institute – Encinitas
- Marston House Museum – San Diego
- Mingei International Museum – San Diego
- Museum of Making Music – Carlsbad
- Museum of Photographic Arts – San Diego
- Reuben H. Fleet Science Center – San Diego
- San Diego Air and Space Museum – San Diego
- San Diego Archaeological Center – San Diego
- San Diego Botanic Garden – Encinitas
- San Diego Chinese Historical Museum – San Diego
- San Dieguito Heritage Museum – Encinitas
- The Adobe Chapel Museum – San Diego
- The Whaley House Museum – San Diego