Have you entered Loews Coronado Bay Resort’s “20 Days, Your Way” giveaway yet? If not, time is ticking… Last day for submissions is next Tuesday, October 25. Grand prize: 20 free room nights! It’s all to celebrate the resort’s big 20th Anniversary. Good luck!
So I was thinking, if I was eligible to enter and I WON, what would I do, not only at Loews’ resort, but around the picturesque island of Coronado? Fortunately, there’s a plethora of delightful and exciting activities to enjoy: arts & culture, fine dining, spas, outdoor recreation and much more.
Following are my Top 20 picks, if I had 20 days to play my way:
- Catch a matinee at the Village Theatre, Coronado’s dazzling, newly refurbished Art Deco movie house.
- Flock over to Coronado Island Marriott Resort to check out their family of flamingos – the only flamingos in the region outside the San Diego Zoo or SeaWorld.
- Just down the street, stroll through the Coronado Ferry Landing shops and check out the spectacular views of the bay and San Diego skyline.
- Rent a bikeand tour around the island which, by the way, is mostly flat and just a mile across from San Diego Bay to the Pacific. Be sure to bicycle through Tidelands Park and under the San Diego-Coronado Bridge!
- Hang 10 with the Coronado Surfing Academy or stand-up paddle board on San Diego Bay with SUP Coronado.
- Watch the hilarious new musical “Servant of Two Masters” at Lamb’s Players Theatre.
- Grab a pint at The Tavern, a hot new vintage industrial-looking pub, or McP’s Irish Pub across the street – where Prince Harry was recently spotted!
- Dine on a fresh and flavorful menu of locally-sourced sustainable food at Leroy’s Kitchen + Lounge.
- Enjoy the burgeoning nightlife scene at the new Nicky Rotten’s Bar & Burger Joint.
- Trick or treat with the grownups at the Hotel del Coronado’s Hallo-wine and Spirits Party on Oct. 29.
- Take a walk on the wild side on a ranger-led tour of Silver Strand State Beach.
- Have fun with fido at Dog Beach, located just north of Coronado Beach.
- Find some Zen at one of Coronado’s dozen or so soothing spas, including Sea Spa at Loews Coronado Bay Resort, Spa at The Del and Coronado Island Marriott’s Coronado Spa.
- Heart art on free self-guided tour of 30 cool public artworks dotted around the island, including magical Wizard of Oz glass panels at the library.
- Swing into action at the new Coronado Tennis Center, the Crown City’s largest venue with eight courts.
- Kayak the bayoff the Silver Strand; be on the lookout for South Bay’s sea turtles!
- Tee off at Coronado Municipal Golf Course, one of SoCal’s most spectacularly scenic public courses.
- Glide through the canals of the Coronado Cays on an authentic Venetian gondola ride, departing daily from Loews Coronado Bay Resort’s marina.
- Walk back in time with Coronado Touring (departing from Glorietta Bay Inn) and stroll past The Del and some of the island’s swankiest, most fascinating homes, including L. Frank Baum’s (author of Wonderful Wizard of Oz).
- Salute Coronado’s rich military heritage and view the Wings of Gold Naval Aviation exhibit at the Coronado Museum of History & Art, extended through Jan. 1, 2012.