1. San Diego Beer Week: From November 4-13, hundreds of beer-centric events take place throughout the county during this 10-day festival that highlights San Diego’s award-winning craft beer, breweries and pubs. Two capstone events are the San Diego Brewers Guild Festival’s kick-off on November 5 at Liberty Station on Point Loma and the closing event, a beer and food pairing at the Lodge at Torrey Pines in La Jolla on November 13.
2. Fall Back Festival: On Saturday, November 6, experience life in San Diego in the 1800s by heading on down to the historic Gaslamp Quarter for real gold pannin’, authentic Wild West shootouts, western bands and fun interactive activities. This annual children’s historic street faire will feature ice cream eating, pig calling, spaghetti eating and a costume contest. Kids will also love the pony rides, wagon rides and a chance to visit the William Heath Davis House for a tour of the “House of a Thousand Spiders.”
3. An Evening with America: In conjunction with the Getty-initiated Pacific Standard Time: Art in L.A. 1945-1980, The GRAMMY Museum, along with Museum of Contemporary Art San Diego, is honored to present iconic, GRAMMY Award-winning rock group America, this Friday, November 4 at 8:00 p.m. Hear the band in discussion about their success as hit writers of enduring rock-folk-pop classics, their celebrated 40th Anniversary Tour and the release of Back Pages, their newest album, a collection of glimmering interpretations of timeless songs. After the interview, moderated by GRAMMY Museum Executive Director Bob Santelli, America will take audience questions and will perform an acoustic set.
4. Bike the Coast-Taste the Coast: On November 5th, grabe your bike and take a tour of the coast. The Bike the Coast, Taste the Coast takes cyclists 7, 15, 25, 50 or 100 miles up the coast to the Oceanside Pier, where food, beer and music await. Must register by November 4, or just join in the fun at the Pier.
5. Harvest Celebration Barrel Tasting Weekend: Head up to Temecula for this two day event, November 5-6, gives ticketed guests the opportunity to visit over 30 Member wineries for a fun-filled food and wine adventure. Delicious foods and wine samplings are offered at each stop as well as barrel and/or tank samples of finished and unfinished wines often not available to the general public.