In addition to Santa Claus serenading guests on “Buon Natale” gondola cruises at Loews Coronado Bay Resort, there are other joyful tunes being heard throughout the island of Coronado this holiday season.
From sweet and soulful to grand and commanding, the sound of music fills the air. With various venues throughout the “Crown City” – from the scenic bayfront to the seashore – following are my Top 5 Picks of places to hear some magical melodies this month and into the New Year:
- Babcock & Story Bar in the Hotel del Coronado is a great go-to nightlife spot to relax with a drink, meet new friends and enjoy live music, Tuesday through Saturday from 7:00 – 11:00 pm
- The Coronado Ferry Landing Concert Series takes place every other Sunday, featuring live music in the afternoon. Upcoming acts include the wonderfully talented Teagan Taylor Trio (Dec. 18 and Jan. 29), Stiletto’s (Jan. 8), Cool Fever (Jan. 15) and Peter Hall Acoustic (Jan. 22)
- Located at the Coronado Ferry landing, Candelas on the Bay features Live Music Friday’s at 6:00 pm, featuring Blue 44, plus live music on Thursday and Sunday from 6:00 – 9:00 pm (the music on their website, BTW, is great to lounge to as you’re getting ready for a night on the town Coronado-style!)
- Popular McP’s Irish Pub (fit for royalty, by the way, as in Prince Harry!) has live music every Tuesday through Saturday night, featuring the finest local talent. Check out the lineup here, featuring bands like Harmony Road, Trunk Monkey, 4-Way Street, Ron’s Trio and the Offbeats.
- Got a taste for jazz and wine? Head to Wine Styles on Thursday through Saturday to enjoy finger-snappin’ live music, while sampling an expansive selection of wines and craft beer.
Coronado is music to my ears! 😉