For artist and surfer Aaron Chang, San Diego is perfect fit. With access to incredible waves all year-round, a vibrant and engaging art scene, and great family activities, as Aaron would say, “I would defy you to be bored in San Diego!”
Both a photographer and gallery owner, Aaron has enjoyed watching the art scene in San Diego evolve and grow and sees a bright future for the arts in San Diego. But that’s not the only reason why he loves San Diego. Check out Aaron’s picks for what makes San Diego paradise for art and surf lovers alike!
Aaron Chang’s Favorite Artsy Endeavors
- Mission Federal ArtWalk: the largest art event in San Diego showcases fine art in many mediums alongside live musical performances, food and beverage booths and activities for kids and families.
- Cedros Design District: running the length of Cedros Avenue in Solana Beach, this district is home to a bevy of luxury home décor and design boutiques as well as great art galleries and a live music venue.
- Museum of Photographic Arts: dedicated to all forms of photography and film, this small but innovative museum has been bringing world-class photography to San Diego for more than 30 years.
- The Headquarters at Seaport District: this former police station turned retail center offers tremendous restaurants and unique, shops. Plus, it’s home to one of Aaron’s gallery locations!
Aaron Chang’s Perfect Day
How would Aaron spend a perfect day in San Diego? Try a few of his favorite San Diego activities:
- Grab some friends and hop on a wave, of course!
- Enjoy coffee and a muffin at Ki’s Restaurant on the beach in Cardiff
- Head downtown to stroll through Balboa Park‘s 16 museums
- Catch a few more waves with an evening surf session in La Jolla
- Leave the kids at home to grab dinner and a concert for a perfect date night
Check out more of Aaron’s tips for art lovers, from the best galleries to his favorite spots to snap photos in San Diego, at sandiego.org/goodstuff.