September 11 Memorials
Commemorate the 13th anniversary of September 11th in San Diego at the following events:
- USS Midway 9/11 Commemorative Ceremony
- San Diego Public Library’s 9/11: Eleven Short Films Eleven Minutes Each
- Remembering 9/11 at SDSU
- Joan B. Kroc Institute for Peace & Justice 9/11 Commemoration
- National City Firefighters Local 2744 Annual 9/11 Breakfast and Remembrance Ceremony
- Fallbrook Firefighters Association 9/11 Memorial Hill Climb (September 13, 2014)
San Diego Music Thing
SDMT is back for it’s 7th year with two days of panels, mentoring sessions, networking, 150+ local, regional and national bands performing at venues around San Diego, Pop up shops and live performances. A special Thursday session has been added for college students.
San Diego Bayfair
Bayfair is famous for its family festival atmosphere, interactive exhibits, vendors and specialty foods, nightly live entertainment and Saturday night fireworks extravaganza, there’s something for everyone in the family. San Diego Bayfair attracts more powerboat racing classes than any other site in the world, and is known as the hallmark event in the nation.
Ripley’s Ferrari Boat to Set Sail at San Diego Bayfair
On Saturday, September 13, Ripley’s Believe It or Not! will set sail with a one-of-a-kind Ferrari boat at the San Diego Bayfair. This will be the boat’s first U.S. voyage.
Weighing 2,000 pounds, the Ripley’s Ferrari is a hand-carved, life-size replica of a Ferrari F50 that took five months to make by an Italian craftsman. It’s currently part of the Ripley’s Believe It or Not! special exhibition at the San Diego Air & Space Museum. Museum staffers have put in countless hours over the past few months in order to make the car seaworthy (we hope!).
Coronado Art Walk
Paintings, hand crafted jewelry, photography, ceramics and other mediums will be featured. Artists have been selected for their ability to express the vast and varied world of art in their particular art form. This exciting venue will include art activities to delight both children and adults. Other highlights include: Participation by the Coronado Ferry Landing’s Galleries and Artists, Coronado Art Association’s Artists in Spreckels Park, and musical entertainment throughout both days.
Where: 1100 Orange Ave, Coronado, CA 92118
When: September 13-14, 2014
Time: 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM
> Find out more about the Coronado Art Walk
¡Latin Food Fest!
With tasting tents stretching across the Embarcadero Park North on San Diego Bay, taste a variety of local and international Latin wine, spirits and food from over 200 chefs, restaurants, wineries and distillers. Watch acclaimed chefs conduct cooking demos. And don’t miss the Best of the Fest competition – our showcase of local culinary excellence.
Where: Embarcadero Park North – 500 Kettner Boulevard, San Diego, CA 92101
When: September 13, 2014
Time: 11:00 AM to 3:00 PM
> Find out more about the ¡Latin Food Fest!
South Bay Pride, Art and Music Festival
Kids are surely going to be tuckered out after a day of playing in the expanded Children’s Area that will now include bungee jumping, inflatables and more. meander through the Art in the Park to see creativity from the areas most talented artists or cool off and take a dip with the new addition of water sports; kayaking, paddle boarding and jet skiing. After 6:00 PM, the party continues with dancing, live music and dj’s In The Park After Dark.
Where: Chula Vista Bayfront Park – 980 Marina Way, Chula Vista, CA 91910
When: September 13, 2014
Time: 12:00 to 10:00 PM
> Find out more about the South Bay Pride, Art and Music Festival
More Top Things to Do in San Diego
- Roberto Carlos Projeto Emocoes Tour – September 12, 2014
- 42nd Annual Bonitafest – September 13, 2014
- Chinese Historical Society Family Moon Festival – September 13, 2014
- Old Town Fiestas Patrias Celebration – September 13, 2014
- 3rd Annual ‘Harvest Of Stories’ Storytelling Concert at Mission Trails Regional Park – September 13, 2014
- Santee Bluegrass Festival – September 13, 2014
- Bernardo Winery Grapestomp 2014 – September 13, 2014
- Fiesta del Barrio, Carlsbad – September 14, 2014