Tune in to this edition of Destination San Diego to learn more about two of Balboa Park’s neighbors – North Park and South Park. These revitalized urban neighborhoods are fueled by art galleries, diverse restaurants and nightlife, and North Park proudly holds claim to being “the best beer neighborhood in the nation.” In North Park’s north end, we’ll travel down El Cajon Boulevard for a quick history lesson. Over in Balboa Park, we’ll take a look at the many faces of the Ford Building and show you a miniature wonderland inside the San Diego Model Railroad Museum. Plus, the San Diego Zoo’s animal trainer, Rick Schwartz, takes you behind-the-scenes at some of San Diego’s best spots for kids of all ages.
What’s In This Episode of Destination San Diego
- Exploring North and South Park: Art Around Every Corner
- 30th Street is Beer Street
- Balboa Park
- San Diego Model Railroad Museum
- San Diego Air & Space Museum (Ford Building)
- San Diego Zoo’s Rick Schwartz