Spend the upcoming Independence Day Weekend in San Diego enjoying everything California’s Beach City has to offer including these top things to do.
4th of July Weekend Fireworks and Celebrations
Whether you’re traveling with friends or family, San Diego is everyone’s first choice for 4th of July celebrations. Even locals can’t think of anything better than relaxing with loved ones on a long stretch of sand and watching an extraordinary show of lights in the sky.
The Last Tiger in Haiti
It’s the final night of Kanaval in Haiti, and a group of abandoned children spend it trading fantastic folktales until the line between reality and fiction blurs. At daybreak, the oldest plans to leave for a new life but discovers the story of his future and past are in the hands of someone else. Set in a world that is utterly real and remarkably imaginative, this unforgettable new play from Jeff Augustin weaves Haitian lore into a contemporary narrative of survival and betrayal.
Where: La Jolla Playhouse – 2910 La Jolla Village Dr, La Jolla, CA 92037
When: June 28 – July 24, 2016
Cost: Starting at $20
> Find out more about The Last Tiger in Haiti
The Lafayette Hotel’s 70th Anniversary
Join The Lafayette as they celebrate the hotels’s rich history and how it escaped demolition plans to be turned into a parking lot, and instead became a historic landmark! Party fun includes The City Within A City, The Home Away From Home, The Soda Jerk, music, time capsule and more.
Where: 2223 El Cajon Blvd, San Diego, CA 92104
When: July 1, 2016
Time: 6:00 to 10:00 PM
> Find out more about The Lafayette Hotel’s 70th Anniversary
Star Spangled Pops
There is no better 4th of July event than celebrating America’s birthday with the San Diego Symphony! This all-American program features hits from movies, Broadway tunes and popular music, along with a military salute and a grand fireworks finale.
Where: Embarcadero Marina Park South – 206 Marina Park Way, San Diego, CA 92101
When: July 1-3, 2016
Time: 7:30 to 10:00 PM
> Find out more about Star Spangled Pops
San Diego Padres vs. New York Yankees
Catch the San Diego Padres take on the New York Yankees at Petco Park! Game day events and promotions include: Friday – Padres HOF Coffee Table Book & Party in the Park; Saturday – Postgame Laser Show; Sunday – KidsFest.
Where: Petco Park – 100 Park Blvd, San Diego, CA 92101
When: July 1-3, 2016
> Find out more about the San Diego Padres vs. New York Yankees
San Diego County Fair – Last Weekend
San Diego’s annual county fair, the largest fair in California, ends this weekend! Don’t miss out on a variety of food, entertainment, exhibits, rides & games throughout the beautiful and historical Del Mar Fairgrounds in the oceanfront village of Del Mar.
Where: 2260 Jimmy Durante Blvd, Del Mar, CA 92014
When: Thru July 4, 2016
> Find out more about the San Diego County Fair
More Top Things to Do in San Diego
- Summer Vibes Ready to Reverberate at SeaWorld – Thru September 5, 2016
- Nighttime Zoo at the San Diego Zoo – Thru September 5, 2016
- Summer Safari at the San Diego Zoo Safari Park – Thru August 14, 2016
- First Folio! The Book that Gave Us Shakespeare – Thru July 7, 2016
- Old Globe’s Macbeth Thru July 24, 2016
- San Diego Padres vs. Baltimore Orioles – June 28-29, 2016
- Kian & JC Don’t Try This at Home – June 28, 2016
- June Salon at the Andaz – June 30, 2016
- Chris Distefano – June 30 – July 2, 2016
- American Art from a Pacific Northwest Collection – July 1 – September 4, 2016
- SDJT Presents: Goodnight Moon, the Musical – July 1-17, 2016
- Common Sense – July 1, 2016
- Cellar Cinema at Vinavanti Urban Winery – July 4, 2016