Spend the upcoming weekend in San Diego enjoying everything California’s Beach City has to offer including CONCACAF Gold Cup and these top things to do.
San Diego Smooth Jazz Festival
This three-day event combines the soothing sounds of smooth jazz, a variety of delicious cuisine, and an amazing atmosphere that creates an unparalleled experience.
Where: Embarcadero Marina Park North – 400 Kettner Blvd, San Diego, CA 92101
When: July 7-9, 2017
Cost: Starting at $65
> Find out more about the San Diego Smooth Jazz Festival
Bayside Summer Nights – Leslie Odom, Jr.
The breakout star from Broadway’s phenomenal Hamilton brings his artistry and showmanship to Bayside Summer Nights. Leslie Odom, Jr. wowed the Great White Way with his thrilling portrayal of Hamilton’s nemesis Aaron Burr, winning the Tony Award for Best Actor in a Musical.
Where: Embarcadero Marina Park South – 200 Marina Park Way, San Diego, CA 92101
When: July 7-8, 2017
Time: 7:30 to 9:30 PM
> Find out more about Bayside Summer Nights – Leslie Odom, Jr.
Enjoy afternoons filled with activities that reflect life in early San Diego and celebrate the West on the move. Through living history activities and demonstrations, stories and songs, visitors will gain an appreciation for early modes of transportation and daily life. All activities are geared toward children and adults of all ages.
Where: Old Town San Diego State Historic Park
When: July 8 – August 26, 2017
Time: 12:00 to 4:00 PM
> Find out more about Stagecoach Days
2017 Annual Over The Line Tourney
Batter Up! It’s time once again for sun, sand and the annual Over the Line (OTL) tournament, a San Diego invented sport. If you have never seen OTL before, go check it out on Fiesta Island in Mission Bay. You will not regret it. Remember, observe the five B’s rule: No Babies, No Bottles, No Bowsers, No Bikes, No Boas. Enjoy!
Where: Fiesta Island in Mission Bay
When: July 8-9 and July 15-16, 2017
Time: 7:30 AM to Dusk
Cost: Free to watch
> Find out more about the 2017 Over the Line Tournament
San Diego Pride SHE-FEST
She-Fest is a woman-centered event that celebrates and supports the talents and contributions of all women while fostering meaningful connections within the LGBT and larger San Diego community. This one-day festival is free to all and will include music, workshops, games, and more in a safe space where women can experience support, encouragement, and empowerment!
Where: North Park Community Park – 4044 Idaho St, San Diego, CA 92104
When: July 8, 2017
Time: 11:00 AM to 5:00 PM
> Find out more about San Diego Pride SHE-FEST
Tour de Fat San Diego
Expect to experience the unexpected. New Belgium Brewing is bringing the party with The Naked & Famous and the Tour de Fat ensemble cast of performers. Ready your eyes and ears for a mix of musicians, circus performers, vaudeville acts, magicians, comedians, and mind-blowing provocateurs. Costumes are highly encouraged (and a mindset to party is mandatory).
Where: San Diego County Waterfront Park – 1600 Pacific Hwy, San Diego, CA 92101
When: July 8, 2017
Time: 4:00 to 10:00 PM
> Find out more about Tour de Fat San Diego
San Diego Beer & Music Festival
Enjoy unlimited samples of over 100 craft beers from local and regional breweries. The Main Stage will feature national headlining bands and DJ’s.
Where: Liberty Station – 2455 Cushing Rd, San Diego, CA 92106
When: July 8, 2017
Time: 6:00 to 10:00 PM
> Find out more about the San Diego Beer & Music Festival
CONCACAF Gold Cup
San Diego will host the CONCACAF Gold Cup™ Group C’s opening round double-header at Qualcomm Stadium featuring Curacao vs. Jamaica and Mexico vs. El Salvador!
Where: Qualcomm Stadium – 9449 Friars Rd, San Diego, CA 92108
When: July 9, 2017
First Kick: 4:00 PM
> Find out more about CONCACAF Gold Cup
More Top Things in San Diego
- Summer Movies in the Park – Thru October 28, 2017
- Humphreys Concerts by the Bay – Thru September 23, 2017
- Del Mar Summer Twilight Concerts – Thru September 10, 2017
- SeaWorld’s Electric Ocean – Thru September 4, 2017
- Nighttime at the San Diego Zoo – Thru September 4, 2017
- Rock the Yacht! Cruise – Thru September 2, 2017
- Balboa Park After Dark – Thru September 1, 2017
- Sunset Luaus on Mission Bay – Thru September 1, 2017
- California Dreaming Beach Park – Thru August 31, 2017
- Twilight in the Park Summer Concerts – Thru August 31, 2017
- Liberty Station Movie Nights – Thru August 29, 2017
- Little Italy Summer Film Festival – Thru August 26, 2017
- Santee Summer Concert Series – August 24, 2017
- TGIF Concerts in the Park – Through August 18, 2017
- Summer Safari at the San Diego Zoo Safari Park – Thru August 13, 2017
- Guys and Dolls – Thru August 13, 2017
- Wonderspaces – Thru July 30, 2017
- Bird Park Summer Concerts – July 29, 2017
- King Richard II – Thru July 15, 2017
- Escape to Margaritaville – Thru July 9, 2017
- Fitness + Foolishness Pop-Up Workout Class – July 6, 2017
- Unplugged: Live Music Thursdays – July 6, 2016
- Paula Cole – July 6, 2017
- Galaxy Taco Celebrates 2 Years in La Jolla Shores – July 6, 2017
- Herb Alpert + Lani Hall – July 6, 2017
- University Heights Summer in the Park – July 7 – August 4, 2017
- Deray Davis – July 7-9, 2017
- Shady Ladies and Hop Heads Tours – July 7, 2017
- Summer Concert Series – Hullabaloo – July 7, 2017
- Tequila Tasting Ft. Don Fulnao at Galaxy Tacos – July 7, 2017
- Almost Famous Rock Nights – July 7, 2017
- The Pettybreakers and The Wilbury’s Experience – July 7, 2017
- Descanso Day Parade and Fair – July 8, 2017
- Pier Walk with Birch Aquarium at Scripps – July 8, 2017
- Sounds Like San Diego VIII – July 8, 2017
- Band of Gringos – July 8, 2017
- World Famous Gospel Brunch – July 9, 2017
- Band of Heathens – July 9, 2017