Spend the upcoming weekend in San Diego enjoying everything California’s Beach City has to offer including Father’s Day and these top things to do.
When: Thru June 17, 2018
Let’s face it: Dad’s toolbox is already full, and he doesn’t need another tie! Instead, treat your old man to a day in San Diego. Let him choose or surprise him with one of the many exciting activities offered throughout the county.
When: June 11-14, 2018
Where: Oceanside Harbor North Jetty – 1374 N Pacific St, Oceanside, CA 92054
Surfing America is the IOC-recognized National Governing Body for the sport of surfing in the USA. Surfing America is responsible for holding the USA Championships each year and for selecting the official USA Surf Team to compete internationally.Competition includes Adaptive, Longboard, SUP and Junior Teams.
When: June 13, 2018
Calling all food lovers, come experience Taste of Little Italy! Walk along Little Italy’s charming flower and tree-lined sidewalks enjoying bites from San Diego’s top eatery hub, all while enjoying live music scattered throughout the 48-square-block neighborhood and spectacular views of San Diego’s sparkling embarcadero.
When: June 14 – August 23, 2018
Where: Santee Lakes Recreation Preserve – 9310 Fanita Pkwy, Santee, CA 92071
Bring your lanterns and come out for some great Night Fishing at Santee Lakes! A private park with stocked fishing year-round. Events are June 14, 28, July 12, 26, August 9, 23 from 5:00 to 11:30 PM in Lakes 1-4. A permit is all you need, no state license required.
When: June 15 -17, 2018
Where: Del Mar Fairgrounds 22nd DAA – 2260 Jimmy Durante Blvd, Del Mar, CA 92014
With nearly 200 breweries represented from around the world, beer aficionados will enjoy hard-to-find specialty craft brews alongside favorites from our local brewing scene. Specialty vendors will be selling a variety of accessories and gifts for the beer lover – from craft beer art to brewed beer bones! With a stage featuring educational demonstrations with recognized industry professionals to food pairings you won’t want to miss!
When: June 16 – September 2, 2018
Where: SeaWorld San Diego – 500 SeaWorld Dr, San Diego, CA 92109
Make plans to celebrate summer with nine amazing experiences, including two shows, Cirque Electrique and Illuminight, and an end-of-night laser light spectacular. Give yourself permission to voyage into exotic underwater worlds that come alive as the sun sets with brilliant energy, electrifying dance music, and dazzling light. Join live performers inspired by playful sea creatures at the party along the shore where world-class DJs transform the night into an all-ages club beneath the waves.
When: June 16-17, 2018
Where: Koehler Kraft Boat Yard – 2302 Shelter Island Drive, San Diego, CA 92106
The San Diego Wooden Boat Festival provides a rare opportunity for the public to view some of the most beautiful and well maintained wooden crafts up close.
When: June 16, 2018
Join us for the 24th Annual Taste of Gaslamp presented by Karl Strauss, San Diego’s original culinary tour! On Saturday, June 16, 2018, the Gaslamp Quarter will be showcasing the excellent dining options available in our vibrant district.
When: June 16, 2018
Where: Hotel del Coronado – 1500 Orange Ave, Coronado, CA 92118
Settle into the warm beach sands on a summer evening and feast on The Del’s Southern California Clambake – our take on the East Coast classic. With a sunset backdrop, live entertainment and interactive beach games, guests donned in white attire will cozy up on communal tables and enjoy a shellfish feast featuring menus from renowned Guest Chefs.
When: June 16, 2018
Where: San Diego Natural History Museum – 1788 El Prado Balboa Park, San Diego, CA 92101
The San Diego Natural History Museum comes alive at night for an exclusive 21+ after-hours event, The Secret Society of Adultologists. This event includes all access to the Museum as well as science, music, storytelling, crafts, and art. Food, wine, and craft beer are available for sale on the rooftop and in the café.
When: June 17 – September 3, 2018
Where: San Diego Zoo – 2920 Zoo Dr, San Diego, CA 92101
Stay after dark and help us celebrate the Zoo’s newest experience, Conrad Prebys Africa Rocks! Come “rock and roar” every day this summer, with live music, a variety of surprise encounters, and African-themed entertainment for the whole family, which will add a chorus of excitement to your summertime plans. An amazing trampoline act, Dr. Zoolittle, and more are ready to “wow,” plus a procession of larger-than-life animal puppets headline an end-of-the-evening performance. Rock—and roar—on!
When: June 17 – July 22, 2018
Where: The Old Globe – 1363 Old Globe Way, San Diego, CA 92101
Thrown out of power by his wicked brother, Prospero, the Duke of Milan, lives in exile on a desert island. For company, he has only his daughter Miranda, the spirits who are native to the island, and his beloved books. The books are the source of his dark magic, which he uses to lure his enemies to the island so he can exact revenge. But his plot could destroy Miranda’s happiness, so Prospero must choose between his own anger and his daughter’s future. Under the direction of the renowned Joe Dowling, this enchanting fantasy kicks off the 2018 Shakespeare Festival with spectacle under the stars.
When: June 18 – July 1, 2018
Where: SoCal Sports Complex – 3302 Senior Center Dr, Oceanside, CA 92056
The 11th Summer Showcase and Playoffs will not only kick off for the first time in San Diego, but the event will also feature Girls’ Development Academy Showcase and Playoffs games for the first time when the program concludes its inaugural 2017-18 season. The Academy’s event will also continue to provide development and training events for players, coaches and referees.
More Top Things to Do in San Diego
- Summer Movies in the Park – Thru October 27, 2018
- Liberty Station Movie Nights – Thru October 13, 2018
- Sesame Street Party Parade – Thru September 2, 2018
- Nat at Night – Thru August 31, 2018
- Summer Critter Camp for Kids – Thru August 31, 2018
- Stone Liberty Station Movie Nights – Thru August 28, 2018
- Wonderspaces – Thru August 26, 2018
- William L. Hawkins: An Imaginative Geography – Thru August 26, 2018
- Summer Camps on San Diego Bay – Thru July 20, 2018
- Rooftop Cinema Club – Thru Jul 11, 2018
- San Diego County Fair – Thru July 4, 2018
- Hops on the Harbor with Pizza Port Brewing – Thru June 30, 2018
- Weekly Food Truck Round Up – Thru June 28, 2018
- Mainly Mozart Festival – Thru June 24, 2018
- Native Gardens – Thru June 24, 2018
- The Father at North Coast Repertory Theatre – Thru Jun 24, 2018
- A Thousand Splendid Suns – Thru June 17, 2018
- JD McPherson with Nicole Atkins – June 12, 2018
- Yossi K. Halevi-Letters to My Palestinian Neighbor – June 12, 2018
- The Calling with Tearaways – June 13, 2018
- Celebrating Bum – June 13, 2018
- Santee Summer Concert Series – June 14 – August 23, 2018
- Nature & Me Storytime: Insects – June 14, 2018
- Brass in the Park with Westwind Brass – June 14, 2018
- BIGA Featuring Accursio Lota of Solare – June 14, 2018
- Whitney Cummings – June 15-16, 2018
- Trefethen Wine Dinner at Amaya – June 15, 2018
- Shady Ladies and Hop Heads Tour – June 15, 2018
- The Highwayman Show – Waylon Jennings Birthday Show – June 15, 2018
- Salsa Under the Stars – June 15, 2018
- World Sea Turtle Day – June 16, 2018
- Sea Days: Surfing into Summer – June 16, 2018
- SoCal Etsy Guild Artisan Market – June 16, 2018
- Cans & Jams with Saint Archer – June 16, 2018
- Beatles vs The Stones – June 16, 2018
- Greg Douglass Band – June 17, 2018
- The Quitters – June 17, 2018