When: July 11 – August 12, 2018
Where: North Coast Repertory Theatre – 987 Lomas Santa Fe Drive, Solana Beach, CA 92075
Excitement has been running so high for North Coast Rep’s Season 36 closer, A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The Forum. The theatre has already extended the beloved musical by one week to accommodate the ticket requests. Composer Stephen Sondheim has created a laugh-a-minute audience favorite with songs such as “Comedy Tonight,” “Lovely” and “Everyone Ought to Have a Maid.” Winner of six Tony Awards including Best Musical, FORUM was written by Burt Shevelove and Larry Gelbart, who based their farce on the over-the-top antics of the Roman slave Pseudolus, who will do anything to win his freedom and bring two lovers together. Tickets are already flying out the door, so it’s best to order early.
When: July 12-15, 2018
Where: SDCCU Stadium – 9449 Friars Road, San Diego, CA 92108
California State Games includes 10,000 competing in 23 sports. Opening Ceremonies includes an athlete parade, torch lighting and fireworks.
When: July 12, 2018
Where: Maritime Museum of San Diego – 1492 N Harbor Dr, San Diego, CA 92101
RUM: Sailors, Pirates & Prohibition is a fun, interactive, educational, and entertaining exhibit that tells the story of the new world’s first distilled spirit from its origins on 17th century Caribbean sugar cane plantations to today’s trendy cocktail lounges.
When: July 12, 2018
Where: Hotel del Coronado – 1500 Orange Ave, Coronado, CA 92118
Hotel del Coronado and US Bank present Drag Me to The Del, a Drag extravaganza with headliners Alyssa Edwards, from RuPaul’s Drag Race, and the iconic Lady Bunny, in addition to Dina Delicious, Jackie Beat, Paris Sukkomi Maxx, Kickxy Vixen Styles, Tia Wanna and Judas Joe Manson. The evening will be hosted by DangiloGogo and Paris Sukkomi Maxx and features drinks, dancing and music by DJ Lina Bradford of Fire Island fame. All ticket proceeds from this event will benefit The San Diego LGBT Community Center and San Diego Pride.
When: July 13-15, 2018
Where: Petco Park, San Diego, CA 92101
Catch the San Diego Padres take on the Chicago Cubs at Petco Park! Game day events and promotions include: Friday – Beerfest, Saturday – All-fan Cub Busters T-shirt giveaway, Sunday – Kidsfest.
When: July 13-14, 2018
Where: Pier Plaza – 10 Evergreen Avenue, Imperial Beach, CA 91932
The 2018 Imperial Beach Sun & Sea Festival will feature world-class sandcastle sculptors creating some of the best sand creations on the West Coast as well as a community parade and pancake breakfast, live music, children’s craft activities, a Kids ‘n Kastles competition, Farmer’s Market and International Food Fair.
When: July 14-15 & 21-22, 2018
Where: Fiesta Island, Mission Bay Park – 1590 E Mission Bay Dr, San Diego, CA 92109
San Diego’s beach softball Over the Line Tournament is played by men and women into their 80’s and is one of the last pure Southern California traditions.
When: July 14, 2018
Where: Hillcrest Pride Flag – University Ave and Normal St, San Diego, CA 92103
The annual San Diego Pride Parade the largest single-day civic event in the region, and is among the largest Prides in the United States, attracting over 200,000 cheering supporters of the LGBTQ community!
When: July 14-15, 2018
Where: Marston Point, Balboa Park – Eighth Ave, San Diego, CA 92101
San Diego’s biggest summer dance party is calling your name! Celebrate diversity under San Diego’s amazing sky and dance the day and night away! There will be 4 phenomenal stages, spanning 2 days, with over 100 entertainers and thousands of your closest friends. All people – 1 love! We invite singles, couples, friends, families, youth, and people of all ages to participate in the annual Pride Music Festival!
When: July 14-15, 2018
Where: 10818 San Diego Mission Road, San Diego, CA 92108
The festivities include food, live entertainment, dancing, and traditional activities like the Blessing of the Bells and the Blessing of the Animals. All five Mission bells are rung during the weekend festivities, including the original bell dating back to 1802. The Festival of the Bells is a great family event and an opportunity for everyone to visit and learn more about this historical landmark.
When: July 14, 2018
Where: Fairmont Grand Del Mar – 5300 Grand Del Mar Ct, San Diego, CA 92130
Kick off the Del Mar Thoroughbred Club’s summer season at this annual event. Giddy up with a hat and fashion showcase, track-themed cocktails, raffle prizes, live music by Francoise and The Groove Squad and a guest DJ.
When: Thru August 12, 2018
Where: Cygnet Theatre – 4040 Twiggs St, San Diego, CA 92110
Follow King Arthur and his Knights of the Round Table as they embark on their quest for the Holy Grail. Flying cows, killer rabbits, taunting Frenchmen, and show-stopping musical numbers are just a few of the reasons you’ll be eating up Spamalot. Winner of three Tony Awards, including Best Musical, the show elevates silliness to an art form.
More Top Things to Do in San Diego
- Summer Movies in the Park – Thru October 28, 2018
- Food Truck Fridays – Thru September 28, 2018
- SeaWorld’s Electric Ocean – Thru September 3, 2018
- Nighttime Zoo at the San Diego Zoo – Thru September 3, 2018
- International Summer Organ Festival – Thru September 3, 2018
- Sesame Street Party Parade – Thru September 3, 2018
- Sunset Luaus on Mission Bay – Thru August 31, 2018
- Twilight in the Park Summer Concerts – Thru August 30, 2018
- California Dreaming – Thru August 30, 2018
- Savasana at Sunset Series – Thru August 28, 2018
- Stone Liberty Station Movie Nights – Thru August 28, 2018
- Wonderspaces San Diego – Thru August 26, 2018
- William L Hawkins: An Imaginative Geography – Thru August 26, 2018
- Little Italy Summer Film Festival – Thru August 25, 2018
- Santee Summer Concert Series – Thru August 23, 2018
- Night Fishing – Thru August 23, 2018
- Del Mar Summer Twilight Concerts – Thru August 21, 2018
- Old Town Stagecoach Days – Thru August 18, 2018
- Bird Park Summer Concerts – Thru August 18, 2018
- Mission Hills Summer Concerts in the Park – Thru August 17, 2018
- TGIF Concerts in the Park – Thru August 17, 2018
- Summer Safari at the San Diego Zoo Safari Park – Thru August 12, 2018
- Dr. Seuss’s The Lorax – Thru August 12, 2018
- High-Key Color in Southern California – Thru August 12, 2018
- University Heights Summer in the Park Concerts – Thru August 3, 2018
- Crafty Kids Night at Belmont Park – Thru July 31, 2018
- Robust Illusions, An Art Exhibition – Thru July 28, 2018
- The Tempest – Thru July 22, 2018
- Athenaeum Summer Festival – Thru July 22, 2018
- Rooftop Cinema Club – Thru July 17, 2018
- Sound of Summer Pop-Up Concert Series – Thru July 12, 2018
- San Diego Padres vs. Los Angeles Dodgers – Thru July 12, 2018
- NAT Talk: The New Nature Movement with Richard Louv – July 10, 2018
- Bob Schneider – July 11, 2018
- Jackson Browne – July 11, 2018
- Summer Wine Series with Goldfield Wineries – July 11, 2018
- Marlon Wayans – July 12-15, 2018
- Pure Project Bottle Release: Maplesaurus Rex – July 12, 2018
- Sunset Poolside Jazz Series – July 12, 2018
- Artisan Table Guest Series with Chef Jason McLeod – July 12, 2018
- Wine Dinner Series Featuring Pahlmeyer – July 12, 2018
- Monarch – July 12, 2018
- Jefferson Starship – July 13, 2018
- Movies and More by the Lake – July 13, 2018
- A Perfect Pairing – July 14, 2018
- Brothers Gow – July 14, 2018
- 2nd Saturday Series: San Diego Trolleys – July 14, 2018
- SoCal Etsy Guild Market – July 14, 2018
- Pilot Talk: Flying the AH-1 “Cobra” – July 14, 2018
- Paul Thorn – July 15, 2018