Spend the upcoming weekend in San Diego enjoying everything California’s Beach City has to offer including these top things to do.
When: August 23 – September 16, 2018
Where: La Jolla Playhouse – 2910 La Jolla Village Dr, La Jolla, CA 92037
Backyard Renaissance Theatre Company, as a part of the La Jolla Playhouse Resident Theatre Program, presents the San Diego premiere of Smokefall. Change is in the air as Violet prepares to bring twin boys into the world. Inside her womb, her unborn sons contemplate their future, while the world around her is in transformation: her husband is secretly planning to leave her, her father is slipping into senility and her daughter has taken a vow of silence. Haunting and slyly funny, Smokefall explores the lives of this family in a lyrical treatise on the fragility of life and the power of love.
When: August 23-26, 2018
Where: Tenth Avenue Arts Center – 930 Tenth Avenue, San Diego, CA 92101
San Diego Underground Film Festival and the Tenth Avenue Arts Center are proud to present a diverse and inclusive lineup of experimental, documentary, animated, and narrative films which are complimented by nightly expanded cinema performances, installations, and live music.
When: August 24-26, 2018
Where: City of Carlsbad Library – 1775 Dove Lane, Carlsbad, CA 92011
The San Diego International Kids’ Film Festival will screen over 150+ films from 30+ countries. American filmmakers as well as film delegations from China, Korea, Taiwan, Canada, Mexico, Russia, Japan, India, France, UK, Germany and many more, will appear at the event.
When: August 25-26, 2018
Where: Port Pavilion on Broadway Pier – 1000 N. Harbor Drive, San Diego, CA 92101
Calling all whiskey & bourbon worshipers, tequila aficionados, gin guzzlers, rum radicals, vodka vixens and mixologists to indulge your senses and shake up your summer as you mix and mingle with thousands of people at the 10th annual San Diego Spirits Festival.
When: August 25, 2018
Where: Imperial Ave & 28th, San Diego, CA 92102
The Imperial Avenue Street Festival is a multicultural street scene that celebrates the rich history, arts and culture of the Greater Logan Heights community.
When: August 26, 2018
Where: Embarcadero Marina Park South – 1 Marina Park Way, San Diego, CA 92101
Experience Bike the Bay, a scenic bayside ride, and also enjoy a rare opportunity to ride over the San Diego-Coronado Bay Bridge.
When: August 26, 2018
Where: Maritime Museum of San Diego – 1492 N Harbor Drive, San Diego, CA 92101
The Maritime Museum of San Diego and San Diego Folk Heritage present the annual Sea Chantey Festival Sunday aboard Star of India, the world’s oldest active sailing ship. San Diego Folk Heritage is a non-profit organization dedicated to preserving and promoting folk arts in Southern California. Visitors will enjoy sea chanteys and traditional folk music performed by popular local and national artists including The Jackstraws, Raggie Taggie, The Chanteymen and Kick Up the Dust. The Sea Chantey Festival is free and included with general admission to the Maritime Museum of San Diego.
When: August 26, 2018
Where: N Coast Hwy 101, Encinitas, CA 92024
Join us for LeucadiART Walk, a revival of the original 80’s art event in historic Leucadia with art, entertainment, a children’s art pavilion and more.
More Top Things to Do in San Diego
- Summer Movies in the Park – Thru October 28, 2018
- Exhibition: Richard Becker – Float / A Solo Show – Thru October 7, 2018
- Food Truck Fridays – Thru September 28, 2018
- Rooftop Cinema Club – Thru September 5, 2018
- SeaWorld’s Electric Ocean – Thru September 3, 2018
- Nighttime Zoo at the San Diego Zoo – Thru September 3, 2018
- International Summer Organ Festival – Thru September 3, 2018
- Del Mar Racing Season – Thru September 3, 2018
- Sesame Street Party Parade – Thru September 3, 2018
- Symbolic Suggestions, An Art Exhibition – Thru September 1, 2018
- Hops on the Harbor with Ballast Point – Thru August 31, 2018
- Sunset Luaus on Mission Bay – Thru August 31, 2018
- Screen on the Green – Thru August 30, 2018
- Flicks on the Bricks – Thru August 30, 2018
- Twilight in the Park Summer Concerts – Thru August 30, 2018
- California Dreaming – Thru August 30, 2018
- Stone Liberty Station Movie Nights – Thru August 28, 2018
- Savasana at Sunset Series – Thru August 28, 2018
- Wonderspaces San Diego – Thru August 26, 2018
- William L. Hawkins: An Imaginative Geography – Thru August 26, 2018
- Stretch Yourself Yoga – Thru August 25, 2018
- Little Italy Summer Film Festival – Thru August 25, 2018
- La Jolla Summer Music Society Summerfest – Thru August 24, 2018
- Santee Summer Concert Series – Thru August 23, 2018
- Del Mar Summer Twilight Concerts – Thru August 21, 2018
- Mystic Bowie’s Talking Dreads – August 21, 2018
- Homebrew World with Josh Bernstein – August 22, 2018
- Wish & The Well and The Jankeys – August 22, 2018
- Comedy Night at Club M – August 23, 2018
- The Alarm – August 23, 2018
- Katastro, Tyrone’s Jacket, Aloha Radio – August 23, 2018
- Wood-Fired Pizza by Cucina Caprese & GBV Wine – August 24, 2018
- Back to School Beer Dinner – August 24, 2018
- Casd’d Out, Road Noise – August 24, 2018
- Karl Denson’s Tiny Universe – August 24, 2018
- Back to the 80s – August 24, 2018
- Be the Change 5K – August 25, 2018
- Exhibition: ” Gallery Selections 2018 / Chapter 2″ – August 25, 2018
- Rouge One: A Star Wars Story Movie Screening – August 25, 2018
- R&B Summer Jam: Presented by Bar1ne and Baby Girl – August 25, 2018
- Pviti, Buckfast Superbee, Kut U Up – August 25, 2018
- UC San Diego Urban Presents Nortec Collective – August 25, 2018
- Bluegrass Benefit: The Grascals & Flatt Lonesome – August 25, 2018
- End of Summer 4 Mile Run & Walk – August 26, 2018
- Israel Vibration & Roots Radics – August 26, 2018
- Free Live Music: Graham Gillot Band – August 26, 2018