Kick off the holidays in San Diego this upcoming weekend enjoying everything California’s Beach City has to offer including these top things to do.
When: November 20, 2018
Where: USS Midway – 910 N Harbor Drive, San Diego, CA 92101
The second-annual “Battle on the Midway” Collegiate wrestling showcase, presented by Left Coast Wrestling, will feature a pre-Thanksgiving interstate showdown on the flight deck of the famed aircraft carrier USS Midway when the Fresno State Bulldogs square off against the Stanford Cardinal.
When: November 21, 2018 – January 5, 2019
Where: Hilton San Diego Bayfront Hotel – One Park Blvd, San Diego, CA 92101
Slide into the season at San Diego’s exclusive waterfront holiday adventure park – Holiday by the Bay! Hilton San Diego Bayfront’s newly re-imagined holiday tradition features Reindeer Run, an exhilarating two-story 100-foot ice tubing slide; the Iceberg Bumpers ride; plus Shine, an hourly interactive dynamic light show. Celebrate the season with stocking decorating at Santa’s Workshop, cookie decorating at Claus Kitchen, and festive craft cocktail flights at Yule Lodge. Gather the family for sweet and savory treats from Elven Eatery and Kringle Bakery or sip cocoa and toast s’mores at a private Fireside Lounge.
When: November 21-25, 2018
Where: Town and Country Resort & Convention Center – 500 Hotel Cir. North, San Diego, CA 92108
The 39th San Diego Jazz Fest over Thanksgiving will present a variety of traditional jazz music, from ragtime to hot jazz to swing to rockabilly at the Town & Country Resort and Hotel in Hotel Circle. Jazz bands and musicians from across the U.S. will perform.
When: November 22, 2018 – January 1, 2019
Where: Hotel del Coronado – 1500 Orange Ave, Coronado, CA 92118
Skating by the Sea returns to Hotel del Coronado for the 14th year. This spectacular ice rink is located seaside on Windsor Lawn and features stunning views of the Pacific and Coronado beach. The Del’s iconic Victorian Building, adorned with thousands of white lights, provides a magical backdrop as holiday music fills the air and guests enjoy hot chocolate and libations. The Del’s Skating by the Sea partially benefits the Wish Kids served by Make-A-Wish San Diego.
When: November 22, 2018
Thanksgiving is a beautiful time of year in San Diego, marking the official start of the holiday season. Typically boasting glorious weather, with a distinct touch of fall, from the coast to the inland valleys you’re able to enjoy SoCal’s outdoor lifestyle including days at the beach, shopping at outdoor malls, and nights out at rooftop bars. Enjoy a traditional Thanksgiving feast, burn some extra calories in a turkey trot, catch a pro football game, or volunteer your time for a worthwhile cause. However you choose to spend Thanksgiving, spend it giving thanks in San Diego!
When: November 24, 2018
Where: Fifth Avenue between Market Street and J Street, San Diego, CA 92101
‘Tis the start of the season and the Gaslamp Quarter is bringing you all types of jolly with an extravaganza of festivities for all ages to enjoy on Saturday, November 24th on Fifth Avenue between Market & J Street! Embrace the holiday spirit in the historic heart of San Diego with 80 holiday vendors, meet n greet with Santa, a special lighting ceremony, and more!
When: November 24, 2018
Where: Seaport Village – 849 West Harbor Drive, San Diego, CA 92101
Surfin’ Santa will ditch his red suit and reindeer to spread his holiday cheer in true SoCal fashion as he makes his annual arrival at Seaport Village.
More Top Things to Do in San Diego
- Viejas Outlet Center Ice Rink – Thru January 27, 2019
- Rady Children’s Ice Rink at Liberty Station – Thru January 6, 2019
- SeaWorld’s Christmas Celebration – Thru January 5, 2019
- Holidays at LEGOLAND – Thru January 1, 2019
- Dr. Seuss’s How the Grinch Stole Christmas! – Thru December 29, 2018
- Santa at Carlsbad Premium Outlets – Thru December 24, 2018
- Looking for Christmas – Thru December 16, 2018
- Del Mar Fall Racing Season – Thru December 2, 2018
- Mindfulness Teaching Series – Thru December 1, 2018
- Belmont Park Fallfest 2018 – Thru November 30, 2018
- Formidably Fresh, an art exhibition – Thru November 30, 2018
- WYO – November 20, 2018
- Mike Pinto – November 21, 2018
- Jeremy Piven – November 23-25, 2018
- Wayward Sons – November 23, 2018
- Julian Country Christmas Tree Lighting – November 24, 2018
- Can Release: Double Dust and Black Magic – November 24, 2018
- Circles around the Sun – November 24, 2018
- Steve Page Trio – November 25, 2018