When: February 19 – April 7, 201
Where: La Jolla Playhouse – 2910 La Jolla Village Dr, La Jolla, CA 92037
In 1981, an assistant kindergarten teacher married the Prince of Wales and, overnight, became the most famous woman in the world. But behind the fairytale, there was a troubled marriage and a young woman struggling to find her voice. Facing an entrenched monarchy and unprecedented media scrutiny, Princess Diana surprises everyone – including herself – as she grows into a global phenomenon and manages to change the world.
When: February 20 – March 17, 2019
Where: North Coast Repertory Theatre – 987 Lomas Santa Fe Dr, Solana Beach, CA 92075
It is 1943 in the wind-swept Nazi-occupied Isle of Guernsey. A mysterious, handsome man washes ashore and four British women decide to protect him through cunning deceptions and bravery. His presence creates an electrical charge in the household that is already burdened by wartime loss and ever-present danger. A New York Times Critic’s Pick, this powerful tale brims with suspense and intrigue that will keep audiences on the edge of their seats.
When: February 21, 2019
Where: San Diego Museum of Art – 1450 El Prado, San Diego, CA 92101
The DJ spins, exotic beverages flow, and artworks dazzle at this popular sundown series celebrating the newly installed works of art by José María Sert depicting the adventures of Sinbad the Sailor. Bring a date, grab some friends, and experience art in a whole new way!
When: February 22-24, 2019
Where: Handlery Hotel – 950 Hotel Circle North, San Diego, CA 92108
ConDor is San Diego’s long-running Science Fiction & Fantasy convention. Enjoy panel discussions, classes, workshops, art show, vendor hall, karaoke, dance and much more. Meet authors, artists and cosplayers. Costumes not required, but quite welcome.
When: February 23 – September 23, 2019
Where: Maritime Museum of San Diego – 1492 N Harbor Drive, San Diego, CA 92101
Arthur Beaumont’s “Art of the Sea” curated by The Irvine Museum Collection at the University of California, Irvine will be open in the Gould Eddy gallery, located on the lower deck of the Berkeley. Beaumont’s body of work encompasses numerous portraits of specific naval vessels. Open concurrently with the Beaumont art exhibit, the Museum is proud to introduce “At Shore & Sea” on display in the Compass Gallery located on the main level of the Berkeley featuring PAPASAN artist works
When: February 24, 2019
Where: SDCCU Stadium – 9449 Friars Road, San Diego, CA 92108
It’s our rival from Texas strolling into town and its our first conference game. Come watch the Fleet and the Commanders battle it out in a rematch from Week 1.
When: Thru February 24, 2019
Where: LEGOLAND California – One LEGOLAND Dr, Carlsbad, CA 92008
LEGOLAND® California Resort is hosting the ultimate celebration of the new THE LEGO® MOVIE™ 2! Join Emmet, Wyldstyle and the gang during event weekends with exclusive building activities, out-of-this-world character experiences, interactive photo opportunities and more!
When: Thru February 24, 2019
More than 30 San Diego performing arts organizations have come together to collaborate on and promote the fourth annual San Diego Theatre Week, a celebration of performing arts that will serve to promote the vast array of performing arts in the city.
When: Thru February 28, 2019
Pick up your Museum Month discount pass at a San Diego City or County libraries or receive a Museum Month pass when you book a stay in February at one of Hilton’s 29 participating locations throughout San Diego County to enjoy half-off admission at more than 40 San Diego Museum Council (SDMC) member museums. Whether you are an art aficionado, history buff, or nature lover, the SDMC has a variety of member organizations that are bound to capture your interest.
When: Thru April
Each year, more than 20,000 gray whales make a 10,000-mile round-trip journey from Alaska to the lagoons of Baja California, where the females give birth to their calves. With 70 miles of coastline directly in the migration path, San Diego is an ideal destination to see this impressive parade of gentle giants.
More Top Things to Do in San Diego
- Tradition and Beyond – Thru April 28, 2019
- Intimate Miracles – Thru Mach 30, 2019
- Exhibition “Abducting Reality” Alexander Arshansky – Thru March 24, 2019
- Little Musicians – Thru March 11, 2019
- Tiny Beautiful Things – Thru March 10, 2019
- Familiar – Thru March 3, 2019
- Hops on the Harbor with Burgeon Beer Co. – Thru February 28, 2019
- 44th Annual Small Image Show – Thru February 24, 2019
- For the Love of Art Brunch – Thru February 24, 2019
- Loving the Land, An Art Exhibition – Thru February 23, 2019
- A Bee’s Life – February 19, 2019
- Mark Hummel’s Golden State & Lone Star Blues Revue – February 19, 2019
- Natural History 101 – February 20, 2019
- Justin Nozuka – February 20, 2019
- Open Show #11 – February 21, 2019
- Andrew Schulz – February 22-23, 2019
- Toddler Time: Finder Painting Friday – February 22, 2019
- Brasstracks – February 22, 2019
- The Mother Hips with The Midnight Pine – February 23, 2019
- Exhibition: Manrabbit “Sweating Glitter” / A Solo – February 23 – May 19, 2019
- Sycamore Canyon Trail Races – February 23, 2019
- Farm to Table Yoga Brunch – February 23, 2019
- Funk You Up Brunch – February 23, 2019
- The Lafayette Wedding Showcase – February 23, 2019
- Classe di Cucina – February 23, 2019
- Como la Flor Band – February 23, 2019
- Kaleena Zanders w/ Silva – February 23, 2019
- Banding Together with Special Guest Jason Mraz – February 23, 2019
- Steve Poltz’s 10th Annual 50th Birthday! – February 23, 2019
- Understanding Surfaces, An Art Exhibitions – February 24 – March 30, 2019
- San Diego Awesome ’80s Run 5K & 10K – February 24, 2019
- Literary Tea with Christopher Castellani – February 24, 2019
- Abbey Road’s George Harrison Celebration – February 24, 2019
- An Evening with Gregory Porter – February 24, 2019