Spend the first weekend of March in San Diego with a visit to The Flower Fields and these top things to do.
When: February 27 – March 3, 2019
Where: Marina Village Conference Center – 1936 Quivira Way, San Diego, CA 92109
The San Diego Audubon Society invites you to the San Diego Bird Festival, which celebrates the birds and habitats of San Diego county.
When: February 28 – March 17, 2019
Where: Moxie Theatre – 6663 El Cajon Blvd, San Diego, CA 92115
Come out and see the Amazing Acro-cats perform feats of gymnastic cat fortitude and listen to the sounds of The Rock Cats!
When: March 1 – May 12, 2019
Where: 5704 Paseo del Norte, Carlsbad, CA 92008
For more than sixty years, Mother Nature has transformed the rolling hills of North San Diego County into one of the most spectacular and coordinated displays of natural color and beauty anywhere in the world. The nearly fifty acres of Giant Tecolote Ranunculus flowers that make up the Flower Fields at Carlsbad Ranch in Carlsbad, California, are in bloom for approximately six to eight weeks each year – from early March through early May – literally bringing the famous fields back to life. This annual burst of color, which has become part of the area’s local heritage, also is one of nature’s official ways of announcing the arrival of spring here in Southern California.
When: March 1-4, 2019
Where: 10 Evergreen Avenue, Imperial Beach, CA 91932
SDYF is an epic yoga festival on the beach in the most South-Westernly city in the USA in Imperial Beach, San Diego. It is San Diego’s largest yoga festival reaching thousands of holistically-minded (or curious) people! It celebrates humanity and health offering nonstop yoga and healing classes open to all people, of all ages and all levels of yogic understanding. There is something for people who have never done yoga before, those just beginning, those with a regular practice, and yoga teachers and healers! With classes for kids, family and those over 65, everyone is WELCOME
When: March 1-5, 2019
Indulge in an evening of Mardi Gras festivities including DJ, live music, themed parties, decadent drink specials, extended Happy Hour and more perks!
When: March 2-10, 2019
The San Diego Festival of Science and Engineering is a nine-day educational experience including interactive demonstrations, hands-on activities and dynamic speakers to engage kids and families in all that encompasses STEM (science, technology, engineering and math). The week kicks off with its largest event EXPO DAY, a daylong celebration at PETCO Park.
When: March 2-3, 2019
Where: San Diego County Waterfront Park – 1600 Pacific Highway, San Diego, CA 92101
CRSSD Festival is a two-day electronic music festival at the 12 acre San Diego Waterfront Park featuring three stages and 36+ performers. In addition to the music, the festival will offer craft beer, mixed drinks, food, and more.
When: Thru April
Each year, more than 20,000 gray whales make a 10,000-mile round-trip journey from Alaska to the lagoons of Baja California, where the females give birth to their calves. With 70 miles of coastline directly in the migration path, San Diego is an ideal destination to see this impressive parade of gentle giants.
More Top Things to Do in San Diego
- Tradition and Beyond – Thru April 28, 2019
- Diana at La Jolla Playhouse – Thru April 7, 2019
- Intimate Miracles – Thru Mach 30, 2019
- Understanding Surfaces, An Art Exhibition – Thru March 30, 2019
- Exhibition “Abducting Reality” Alexander Arshansky – Thru March 24, 2019
- Avant School of Cooking – Thru March 21, 2019
- Gabriel at North Coast Repertory Theatre – Thru March 17, 2019
- Little Musicians – Thru March 11, 2019
- Tiny Beautiful Things at The Old Globe – Thru March 10, 2019
- Familiar at The Old Globe – Thru March 3, 2019
- San Diego Museum Month – Thru February 28, 2019
- Robert Delong – February 26, 2019
- Darlingside – February 27, 2019
- Coco Montoya and Tinsley Ellis – February 27, 2019
- Big Jay Oakerson – February 28 – March 2, 2019
- Ephrat Asherie Dance Odeon – February 28, 2019
- Italian Food & Wine Pairing: Fallbrook Winery – February 28, 2019
- Speakeasy Supper & Spirits with You & Yours – February 28, 2019
- The Wood Brothers with Carsie Blanton – February 28, 2019
- 34th Annual Spring Home/Garden Show – March 1-3, 2019
- Scholarshare 592: Story Time – March 1, 2019
- Meze Hummus Competition – March 1, 2019
- Award-Winning Wine and Paella at the Beach – March 1, 2019
- Stepping Feet – March 1, 2019
- Finish Chelsea’s Run 5K – March 2, 2019
- San Diego Undy Run/Walk – March 2, 2019
- Meet Huxley the Harris’ Hawk – March 2, 2019
- Degas Dinner at Sparks Gallery – March 2, 2019
- Pine Mountain Logs – March 2, 2019
- House of Blues Gospel Brunch – March 3-31, 2019
- St. Patrick’s Day Half Marathon – March 3, 2019