When: March 6 – September 22, 2019
Where: Museum of Photographic Arts – 1649 El Prado, San Diego, CA 92101
Defining Place/ Space represents the current state of contemporary photography in Australia through the work of 13 artists including several whose work is being shown in the United States for the first time. The featured photographers were nominated by 5 Australian senior curators of photography. This exhibition showcases the talent and diverse scope of artwork by photographers whose work is global in approach, while often referencing historical and cultural issues related to Australia.
When: March 6 – April 20, 2019
Where: Cygnet Theatre – 4040 Twiggs St, San Diego, CA 92110
America in the mid-1980s. In the midst of the AIDS crisis and a conservative Reagan administration, New Yorkers grapple with life and death, love and sex, heaven and hell. Alternately hilarious and heartbreaking, it was awarded two Tony Awards for Best Play and the Pulitzer Prize for Drama.
When: March 7-10, 2019
Where: Four Points by Sheraton San Diego – 8110 Aero Dr, San Diego, CA 92123
Indulge your love of comics, science fiction, and films, and meet an outstanding array of professional creators in a casual atmosphere and an intimate scale that allows fans to mingle directly with professionals and exhibitors.
When: March 8 – April 28, 2019
Where: SeaWorld San Diego – 500 SeaWorld Dr, San Diego, CA 92109
Foodies and craft beer aficionados will love SeaWorld’s Seven Seas Food Festival, featuring craft beer from favorite local breweries, plus fresh international cuisine infused with local, sustainable ingredients and unique signature flavors from around the world.
When: March 9-10, 2019
Where: La Jolla Playhouse – 2910 La Jolla Village Dr, La Jolla, CA 92037
The year is 2068. Having discovered a new inhabitable planet named YOLO 6, NASA sponsors a contest to discover who should be chosen to live on this new world, and three 5th graders are up for the challenge! They embark on a storytelling journey, learning about the real problems, as well as the real beauty in their current world and what they think should be created in the next. Through their new-found friendship, this individual mission turns them into a team of thinkers ready to lift off on a new path. Audiences will get an opportunity to decide who gets to go to YOLO 6, launching them on their own voyage to dream bigger and celebrate teamwork.
When: March 9-10, 2019
Where: Scottish Rite Event Center – 1895 Camino del Rio S, San Diego, CA 92108
You will find many unique vendors selling all kinds of geeky collectibles from statues to comics and games. You can also meet some spectacular artists within our Artist Alley, introduce yourself to some professional cosplayers, or better yet, take a picture with them! When you’re not worn out from all the fun, relax at one of our many panels. If you’re looking for a show with great vendors and a friendly crowd Rocket Con is the place to go!
When: March 9, 2019
Where: Embarcadero Marina Park South – 200 Park Way, San Diego, CA 92101
You’ll get to taste beer from nearly 100 of the West Coast’s craft breweries, enjoy the sweet sounds of local bands and possibly enjoy a sensible lunch from our food truck alley. Plus, every ticket sold supports Cuck Fancer and helps a cancer patient.
When: March 9, 2019
Where: SDCCU Stadium – 9449 Friars Road, San Diego, CA 92108
The Salt Lake Stallions gallop to our Dock in our 2nd home conference game. The Fleet look to take control of the West Conference with a win over the Stallions.
When: March 10, 2019
Where: Bayside Park – 999 Bayside Pkwy, Chula Vista, CA 91910
This day-long, community-friendly event attracts thousands each year, giving families an opportunity to come together and celebrate San Diego’s Mexican heritage through Mariachi music, colorful traditional ballet folkloric dancing, and a grand celebration of the arts, culture and culinary delights.
When: Thru April
Each year, more than 20,000 gray whales make a 10,000-mile round-trip journey from Alaska to the lagoons of Baja California, where the females give birth to their calves. With 70 miles of coastline directly in the migration path, San Diego is an ideal destination to see this impressive parade of gentle giants.
More Top Things to Do in San Diego
- The Flower Fields – Thru May 12, 2019
- Tradition and Beyond – Thru April 28, 2019
- Diana at La Jolla Playhouse – Thru April 7, 2019
- Intimate Miracles – Thru Mach 30, 2019
- Understanding Surfaces, An Art Exhibition – Thru March 30, 2019
- Exhibition “Abducting Reality” Alexander Arshansky – Thru March 24, 2019
- Avant School of Cooking – Thru March 21, 2019
- Tiny Beautiful Things at The Old Globe – Thru March 17, 2019
- Gabriel at North Coast Repertory Theatre – Thru March 17, 2019
- The Amazing Acro-Cats in San Diego – Thru March 17, 2019
- Little Musicians – Thru March 11, 2019
- San Diego Festival of Science & Engineering – Thru March 10, 2019
- 2019 San Diego Mardi Gras Fat Tuesday Celebration – Thru March 5, 2019
- Taco Tuesday Birthday Edition – March 5, 2019
- Novo Amor with Gia Margaret – March 5, 2019
- Twiddle with Special Guest Iya Terra – March 5, 2019
- Mezcal Meditation at Tahona, March 6, 2019
- G. Love & Special Sauce – March 6, 2019
- Chris Hardwick – March 7-9, 2019
- Sunset & Wine Dinner – March 7, 2019
- Women in Wine Event – March 7, 2019
- New Kingston, Eli-Mac, & For Peace Band – March 7, 2019
- Nu Moods – March 7, 2019
- Sister Sparrow & The Dirty Birds – March 7, 2019
- The Joffrey Ballet – March 8, 2019
- BETAMAXX with Third Project – March 8, 2019
- Yoga in the Rotunda – March 9, 2019
- The Irish Rovers – March 9, 2019
- San Diego Half Marathon & Padres 5K – March 10, 2019
- March Wedding Showcase! – March 10, 2019
- 23rd Celebration of Music Education Concert – March 10, 2019
- Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood Live! King for a Day – March 10, 2019
- Makana & Shawn and Leahue (from Na Leo Pilimehana) – March 10, 2019