San Diego’s Gaslamp Quarter is an uber-popular destination within itself covering a 16-block historic district packed with restaurants, wine bars, nightclubs, coffee houses, theatres, and my favorite…shopping! Whether you consider yourself uptown-chic or downtown-cool, the versatile clothing of the Gaslamp Quarter boutiques will serve every purpose to make sure you have the San Diego standout style.
Here are a few of my top picks every time I head downtown:
- One of my favorite places to stop by is Bubbles Boutique. Known for carrying local jewelry designers, novelty pj’s, and fun accessories it is a must to see.
- If jeans are your vice then be sure to browse through G-Star Raw. Here you will experience a wide range of every jean style imaginable for both men and women. The employees will educate you in the art of denim and find the best jean to suit your silhouette and lifestyle.
- Carolyn’s Designer Resale Boutiquefeatures high-end designer clothing, accessories, and shoes at fabulous prices. They pride themselves in offering coveted designer labels that are in great condition.
- Bettie Page Boutique takes you back to the timeless fashions of the 1950′s pinup girl of Betti Page herself. If you love indie-style, retro, or rockabilly clothing be sure to stop by and pick up the latest inspiration.
- Goga Boutiqueis home of Project Runway’s alumni Gordana Gehlhausen. Since the boutique also features the designer’s studio, you truly feel like part of the design experience while shopping for custom-made clothing in addition to featuring other unique brands. Gordana is known for her evening dresses and gorgeous jewelry!
- Eden Boutiqueoffers a wide variety of urban-cool styles. This boutique is easy to navigate through and offers ultra-fresh effortless combinations of great fashions for women and at great price points!
- Dolcetti Boutique features fashions for both men and women. The uptown-smart styles for women and the downtown-cool styles for men makes this boutique a great option to shop together! Since they also feature a full salon upstairs you both could accomplish a one-stop-shop before your date night that evening!
- Haven Boutique makes you feel like you might be shopping in an ultra-chic hipster’s closet! A very quaint location offering everything from “beach-chic to street-chic” looks that won’t break the bank. The jewelry is also a must-see to make sure you complete your entire ensemble.
- I can’t forget to mention the specialty stores of Urban Outfitters and Lucky Brand offering boho-laid-back-chic looks for both men and women. These are my go-to stores for the comfortable laid-back coveted styles.
- Make sure you keep your energy to explore the centrally located Horton Plaza Shopping Center. This shopping center offers 130 specialty stores with anchors such as Nordstrom and Macy’s.
You could plan on one day of shopping in the Gaslamp Quarter but as you can see, you just might want to make it two! Tell us, where do you head first when headed to the Gaslamp Quarter for an afternoon of shopping?