So much to see, so much to eat and so much to sip this weekend!
- This Friday and Saturday check out the 3rd Annual San Diego International Beer Festival at the San Diego County Fair where beer lovers can sample more than 300 brews from 17 countries and 20 states. Of course, some of San Diego’s finest craft brews will be there too; (see Kate’s Get Hoppy post below). The event takes place in the fair’s Chevrolet Del Mar Arena from 4 -8 p.m. on Friday and noon-7 p.m. on Saturday. Ticket prices range from $20-$43 and include fair admission, a souvenir tasting cup and best of all, a wristband that provides unlimited one-ounce samplings of beer. (And you thought the fair food was something to talk about!)
- The 30th Annual Ocean Beach Street Fair & Chili Cook-off kicks-off this Saturday from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. on OB’s main drag, Newport Avenue. Here, you’ll find live musical performances on 5 stages, 2 beer gardens, a skateboard exhibition, carnival rides, more than 200 vendors and so much more… oh yeah, and delicious chili! I don’t know about you, but this is where I’ll be on Saturday.
- All aboard! Enjoy happy hour on water with Hornblower Cruises & Events‘ Sights & Sips Sunset Cruise. This two-hour cruise around San Diego Bay features cash bars with fantastic drink specials, light appetizers and musical entertainment. This Friday and Saturday is the last Baja Sights & Sips themed cruise, so if you’re in the mood for nachos and margaritas, don’t get left at the dock. Boarding begins at 5:30 p.m. at Hornblower’s South Broadway dock in downtown San Diego; tickets cost $29 for adults and $24 for kids.
- They always say, “the early bird catches the worm,” but this Sunday, the early bird can catch a shark! Hosted by the Birch Aquarium, take the plunge with experienced naturalists and snorkel with sharks in the gentle waters of La Jolla Shores. This adventure puts you right in the action of schooling leopard sharks, guitarfish and other coastal sea life. The outing takes place from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m. and departs from La Jolla shores. Advanced registration is required and the cost is $30.
- If you’re feeling extra hungry this Sunday, I recommend stopping by the 9th Annual Taste of Adams Avenue from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. At this mouthwatering event you can sample a diverse selection of cuisine from over 25 restaurants located along Adams Avenue in the neighborhoods of Kensington, Normal Heights and North Park. To tantalize your taste buds in this tasteful event, tickets cost $30 and provide free tastings from all participating restaurants. Feel free to cruise the Avenue by foot, or hop on one of the event trolleys to feast on all the yumminess.