1. San Diego Thanksgiving Dixieland Jazz Festival: The event, held from November 23-27 at the Town & Country Resort and Convention Center features a wide variety of traditional jazz, Dixieland and swing styles, attracting jazz lovers from around the globe.
2. Holiday of Lights at Del Mar: Everyone is invited to drive their cars around the infield racetrack of the Del Mar Fairgrounds in Del Mar to view more than 350 dazzling holiday light displays. Holiday Lights runs from November 24-January 1, 2012.
3. Legoland Tree Lighting Ceremony: Tony Hawk will put down his board and flip a switch lighting the World’s Largest LEGO Christmas Tree at LEGOLAND California. After the 30-foot-tall LEGO tree is lit, fireworks will light up the sky and snow showers Park guests from above kicking off LEGOLAND California’s month-long Holiday Snow Days.
4. Julian Country Christmas and Tree Lighting: Julian comes alive during this annual holiday celebration with costumed strolling carolers, the scent of freshly baked apple pie and Santa Claus arriving aboard a fire engine for the festive tree lighting ceremony.
5. Jesus Christ Superstar: La Jolla Playhouse presents the acclaimed Stratford Shakespeare Festival Production of Jesus Christ Superstar from November 18 – December 31, 2011. This ground-breaking rock opera, which reinvented musical theatre for the modern age, tells the story of the last week of Christ’s life.