Bring the whole family to San Diego this weekend and play along 70+ miles of sun-kissed beaches, save with 100+ Kids Free San Diego offers, and enjoy these top things to do.
When: October 1-31, 2019
Activate unlimited recess vibes and unbelievable family savings with Kids Free San Diego—where kids eat, stay and play for free all October long. With more than 100 deals at popular attractions, hotels and restaurants, and special savings on awesome activities, it’s the perfect time to take a sunny getaway to San Diego and activate smile mode for the whole family.
When: October 3, 2019
Taste + Tequila Old Town will include tastings of the area’s best Mexican food and spirits at several restaurants in the heart of Old Town, along with music and entertainment.
When: October 4 – November 30, 2019
Belmont Park, San Diego’s iconic beachfront amusement park, returns with its 8th annual Beachside Fall Fest for guests of all ages in October and November. The magic of the season will transform the 94-year-old seaside park into a festive fall experience with shades of autumn leaves, hay bales and freshly harvested pumpkins; plus, FREE activities like trick-or-treating, live entertainment, kids’ activities and more!
When: October 4, 2019
First Friday ARTS DISTRICT is San Diego’s biggest free art walk! Wander and explore the galleries, museums, artist studios, distinctive shops and dining at historic Liberty Station.
When: October 5-27, 2019
Join the Pacific Southwest Railway Museum Association in the Pumpkin Express Halloween Celebration complete with a train ride, pumpkin patch and more.
When: October 5-6, 2019
Our season begins with Mason Bates’ time-traveling “energy symphony,” whose traditional melodies take us on a journey exploring the influence of technology on humanity. We then experience one of the grandest and most ambitious — yet deeply personal — works ever written for orchestra. Few works can match Mahler’s Fifth Symphony in its emotional range, dramatic arc, and expressiveness, especially in the famed Adagietto, written as a tender love song to his wife.
When: October 5, 2019
Pacific BeachFest has something for everyone including a fish taco contest, surf competition, beach volleyball, craft beer, kids activities and music!
When: October 5, 2019
Setting Sun Sake is leveling up our “Fall Garden Party” this year with our friends at the Japanese Friendship Garden to celebrate, not only our fellow local craft industry folks but also International Sake Day!
When: Thru October 12, 2019
Find out where you can chug a hefty stein of lager, chow down on a Bratwurst and oom-pah-pah to your heart’s content at Oktoberfests in San Diego County.
When: Thru October 26, 2019
Brick-or-Treat Party Nights at LEGOLAND® California Resort is back with more Halloween excitement and extended Park open hours!
When: Thru October 27, 2019
SeaWorld’s Halloween Spooktacular is our biggest fall festival, with weekends brimming with family fun and top things to do. Catch spooky live shows, join in on Halloween activities and let the little ones trick-or-treat throughout the park in a safe, family-friendly environment.
When: Thru November 2, 2019
As the days grow shorter and the weather grows colder, our dearly (and not-so-dearly) departed rise again for their unwelcome annual visit. If you’re brave or foolish enough to greet them in person, head out to one of these haunted houses and trails throughout San Diego county.
- The Scream Zone at the Del Mar Fairgrounds
- The Haunted Trail of Balboa Park
- The Disturbance created by The Haunted Hotel
More Top Things to Do in San Diego
- The Great Annual Pumpkin Festival – October 1-31, 2019
- 39th Annual International Exhibition at the San Diego Watercolor Society – October 1-31, 2019
- Tuesday Night Comics at North Coast Rep – October 1, 2019
- Mercury Rev + Beth Orton at Belly Up – October 1, 2019
- Ziggy Alberts at Belly Up – October 2, 2019
- Steve Byrne at The American Comedy Company – October 3-5, 2019
- Hayes Carll at Belly Up – October 3, 2019
- Scholareshare 529 Toddler Time: Story Time – October 4, 2019
- Library Vertical Tasting – October 4, 2019
- Pure Project Bottle Release: Purple Rain – October 4, 2019
- Sail with the Mayor aboard Aolani Catamaran – October 4, 2019
- The Motet at Belly Up – October 4, 2019
- Pumpkin Express – October 5-27, 2019
- Julian Autumn Jubilee – October 5-27, 2019
- Stockzilla at Santee Lakes Recreation Preserve – October 5-6, 2019
- Way of Well Being at Fairmont Grand Del Mar – October 5, 2019
- Meet Huxley the Harris’ Hawk – October 5, 2019
- Full Moon Pier Walks with Birch Aquarium – October 5, 2019
- J.B. Smoove – October 5, 2019
- Paddle for Clean Water – October 6, 2019
- Marc Broussard and Samantha Fish at Belly Up – October 6, 2019
- Live Music with Journeybirds – October 6, 2019
Long Term Top Things to Do in San Diego
- Christ: Life, Death, and Resurrection – Thru December 13, 2019
- Cajon Classic Cruise – Thru October 30, 2019
- Man of La Mancha at San Diego Musical Theatre – Thru October 27, 2019
- Almost Famous at The Old Globe – Thru October 20, 2019
- Noura at The Old Globe – Thru October 20, 2019
- Kiss My Aztec at La Jolla Playhouse – Thru October 13, 2019
- Trolley Dances – Thru October 6, 2019
- The Virgin Trial at Cygnet Theatre – Thru October 6, 2019
- Amadeus at North Coast Repertory Theatre – Thru October 6, 2019
- Pure Project Oktoberfest & Stein Release – Thru October 6, 2019