Spend the upcoming weekend exploring San Diego’s neighborhoods with amazing art shows, delicious restaurant tastings, spooktacular Halloween happenings and these top things to do.
When: October 9-27, 2019
The Del Mar International Horse Show attracts Olympic veterans and world-class athletes, competing head to head for a spot in the World Cup Finals!
When: October 10, 2019
Take a culinary trip around the world sampling from our local bistros. Meander along Orange Avenue or take a ride on the complimentary trolley. This will be a night to remember so come and bring your friends!
When: October 11-27, 2019
Stay until 9:00 PM and have fun with a cupcake walk, an amazing bubble dance party, a “gently haunted” path, amazing acrobats, a variety of music, special treats, and more!
When: October 11-13, 2019
Art San Diego will welcome an exciting group of local, national, and international exhibitors, showcasing contemporary work from hundreds of artists, offering art aficionados and collectors an unparalleled opportunity to explore, experience, experiment, and discover.
When: October 11-12, 2019
The Ocean Beach Oktoberfest – a uniquely Southern California salute to the celebration of German culture and fun.
When: October 11-12, 2019
Hear Mendelssohn’s music as it was meant to be experienced, as a stellar cast of actors presents an abridged version of Shakespeare’s A Midsummer Night’s Dream, accompanied by Mendelssohn’s magical score! But first, journey to Rafael Payare’s homeland and experience the beauty of the Venezuelan countryside with Estevez’s Midday on the Plains.
When: October 12, 2019 – February 17, 2020
The Stories They Tell draws from MOPA’s collection of almost 9,000 photographs representing approximately 850 photographers. While the collection covers the entire span of photography and more, from the pre-history to contemporary work, this exhibition looks at 100 years of the medium from the 1920s to today
When: October 12-14, 2019
Latin American Art Fair is an annual event that presents outdoor exhibits, painting, sculpture, photography and printmaking as well as folk art, crafts, performance and culinary arts of Latin American countries.
When: October 12-13, 2019
With a spectacular coastline, upscale village atmosphere, and picturesque views, La Jolla is the perfect setting for the beloved and widely recognized La Jolla Art and Wine Festival. There is truly something for everyone to enjoy, including over 150 juried artists from around the globe, 3D chalk art displays, interactive art murals, non-stop live music, family art center, roving entertainment, gourmet food court, and a wine, craft beer, and spirits garden featuring local brews, distilleries and global wineries.
When: October 12, 2019
In one afternoon, Taste of North Park invites you to enjoy 50+ food tastes from some of San Diego’s best restaurants and craft beer samples from 15 local brewers.
When: Thru October 26, 2019
Brick-or-Treat Party Nights at LEGOLAND® California Resort is back with more Halloween excitement and extended Park open hours!
When: Thru October 27, 2019
SeaWorld’s Halloween Spooktacular is our biggest fall festival, with weekends brimming with family fun and top things to do. Catch spooky live shows, join in on Halloween activities and let the little ones trick-or-treat throughout the park in a safe, family-friendly environment.
When: Thru October 31, 2019
Activate unlimited recess vibes and unbelievable family savings with Kids Free San Diego—where kids eat, stay and play for free all October long. With more than 100 deals at popular attractions, hotels and restaurants, and special savings on awesome activities, it’s the perfect time to take a sunny getaway to San Diego and activate smile mode for the whole family.
When: Thru November 2, 2019
As the days grow shorter and the weather grows colder, our dearly (and not-so-dearly) departed rise again for their unwelcome annual visit. If you’re brave or foolish enough to greet them in person, head out to one of these haunted houses and trails throughout San Diego county.
- The Scream Zone at the Del Mar Fairgrounds
- The Haunted Trail of Balboa Park
- The Disturbance created by The Haunted Hotel
More Top Things to Do in San Diego
- Nat Talk: The Remarkable Universe of Fungi – October 8, 2019
- An Evening with Actress Shari Belafonte – October 8, 2019
- JJ Grey at Belly Up – October 8, 2019
- Van Morrison at NICU Amphitheatre – October 8, 2019
- Toddler Time: Seed & Song Yoga – October 9, 2019
- War at Belly Up – October 9, 2019
- The Three Musketeers at North Coast Rep Theatre – October 10-13, 2019
- JP Sears at The American Comedy Company – October 10-12, 2019
- Natures & Me Storytime – October 10, 2019
- Too Many Zooz with Thumpasaurus at Belly Up – October 10, 2019
- Annual Polish Festival – October 11-13, 2019
- Toddler Fest at The New Children’s Museum – October 11-12, 2019
- Gino Vannelli in Concert at Convivo – October 11, 2019
- Led Zepagain W. Paradise City at Belly Up – October 11, 2019
- Carmel Valley Trail 5K, 10K and 15K – October 12, 2019
- Oakoasis Haunted Trail – October 12, 2019
- 16th Annual Spooky Trails at Hellhole Canyon – October 12, 2019
- Tinariwen W. Lonnie Holley at Belly Up – October 12, 2019
- Raptor Ridge Half Marathon – October 13, 2019
- Women’s Healing Circles at Centro Cultural de la Raza – October 13, 2019
- Not-So-Scary Estuary Family Discovery Day – October 13, 2019
- J. Balvin at NICU Amphitheatre – October 13, 2019
Long Term Top Things to Do in San Diego
- Christ: Life, Death, and Resurrection – Thru December 13, 2019
- Belmont Park’s 8th Annual Beachside Fall Fest – Thru November 30, 2019
- Little Chefs Little Learners Club at The New Children’s Museum – Thru November 11, 2019
- The Great Annual Pumpkin Festival – Thru October 31, 2019
- Cajon Classic Cruise – Thru October 30, 2019
- Man of La Mancha at San Diego Musical Theatre – Thru October 27, 2019
- Pumpkin Express – Thru October 27, 2019
- Almost Famous at The Old Globe – Thru October 20, 2019
- Noura at The Old Globe – Thru October 20, 2019
- Kiss My Aztec at La Jolla Playhouse – Thru October 13, 2019