Celebrate San Diego’s amazing weather, craft culture, and awesome outdoor experiences this week with the San Diego Bay Wine + Food Festival, Padres Pedal the Cause and these top things to do.
When: Thru November 17, 2019
Welcome to the San Diego Bay Wine + Food Festival, where sailboats and sandy beaches serve as the backdrop to one of the country’s most talked about weeks in food. Featuring dozens of events, hundreds of domestic and international wineries, the celebration of craft beer and spirits, local culinary legends and nationally recognized celebrities, and a Grand Tasting Finale on the stunning Embarcadero.
When: November 12 – December 15, 2019
Dubbed “fierce, gorgeous and heartwarming” by the Los Angeles Times, this epic play/rock concert thrusts us into the life of a young woman trying to piece together her family history thirty years after her father fled Cambodia. Featuring a cast that performs a mix of contemporary Dengue Fever hits and classic Cambodian oldies, playwright and UC San Diego alum Lauren Yee brings to vivid life the Cambodian rock scene of the ‘60s and ‘70s, a movement cut short by the Khmer Rouge’s brutal attempt to erase the music (and musicians) once and for all. A story about survivors, the resilient bond of family and the enduring power of music.
When: November 12-17, 2019
Celebrate Tahona Mezcaleria’s first anniversary! It was a year full of mezcal drinking, sharing meals and experiences and we are so blessed that you supported us the whole way.
When: November 12-17, 2019
Jesus Christ Superstar is an iconic musical phenomenon with a world-wide fan base. In celebration of its 50th Anniversary, a new mesmerizing production comes to North America. Originally staged by London’s Regent’s Park Open Air Theatre and helmed by the acclaimed director Timothy Sheader (Crazy for You, Into the Woods) and award winning choreographer Drew McOnie (King Kong, Strictly Ballroom), this production won the 2017 Olivier Award for Best Musical Revival garnering unprecedented reviews and accolades. Appealing to both theater audiences and concert music fans, this production pays tribute to the historic 1971 Billboard Album of the Year while creating a modern, theatrical world that is uniquely fresh and inspiring.
When: November 13-17, 2019
Let’s ride San Diego. For the first time ever, Padres Pedal the Cause, is launching Destination packages with 7 Sherpas. Join us on Saturday, November 16 for the seventh annual Padres Pedal the Cause in Downtown San Diego. Come ride in San Diego and experience one of the best cycling cities in the country. With 360 days of sunshine, over 200 craft beer breweries, a bustling local food scene, the world-renowned San Diego Zoo, scenic coastlines and endless fun, San Diego is the perfect destination to experience Southern California – both on and off your bike.
When: November 14, 2019 – January 5, 2020
Salute the Season kicks off with the grand opening of the Rady Children’s Ice Rink at Liberty Station on November 14th, 2019. The ice rink will be open every day except Thanksgiving and Christmas from 10:00 AM to 10:00 PM until January 5th, 2020. Tickets are good for in-and-out access throughout the day they are purchased for and include a pair of skates and an optional helmet. Opening day tickets will be discounted. All proceeds from the ice rink benefit the Rady Children’s Hospital’s Peckham Center for Cancer and Blood Disorders.
When: November 14, 2019
Inspired by the spirit of Thanksgiving,twelve of San Diego’s renowned chefs are inviting you to dinner at Provisional! The Chefsgiving meal will include a creative holiday dish from each chef – from turkey and sides to delicious desserts – prepared in the restaurant’s open kitchen. Dinner will be served family-style with complementary Michael Mondavi wines at communal tables. You’ll get a chance to chat with the chefs as radio personality, Frankie V hosts the evening.
When: November 15-17, 2019
Cellist Alisa Weilerstein is our “narrator” in two works that seek to find meaning in life. Ernest Bloch’s Schelomo gives musical voice to the wise words of King Solomon in the Bible: “To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.” Richard Strauss casts the cello as the quirky Don Quixote and the viola as his trusty sidekick Sancho Panza in the famous tale of the man of La Mancha and his quest to bring chivalry to the world. Two works of transcendent elegance by Johann Sebastian Bach round out our evening’s tale
When: November 16, 2019
Bikes and Beers San Diego is back for a 6th year! Ride 15 or 30 miles through the city of San Diego with a large group and enjoy some of the best sights of the city!
When: Thru December 1, 2019
It’s time for an encore! Four weeks of elite Thoroughbred racing, fresh events and musical performances to keep the good times rolling.
More Top Things to Do in San Diego
- The Impossible Railroad – November 12, 2019
- Augustana at Music Box – November 12, 2019
- Drew Holcomb and the Neighbors at Belly Up – November 12, 2019
- Alisa Weilerstein plays Bach’s Cello Suites – November 12, 2019
- Jackson Estate Wine Pairing Dinner – November 13, 2019
- Tauk & Jazz is PHSH at the Belly Up – November 13, 2019
- Miami Horror at Music Box – November 13, 2019
- Dov Davidoff at The American Comedy Company – November 14-16, 2019
- Lunch and Learn with Elsa Sevilla – November 14, 2019
- Open Show San Diego #14 at MoPA – November 14, 2019
- Art Alexakis (of Everclear) at Music Box – November 14, 2019
- The Good Pour, Amerikan Bear, Justin Froese at the Belly Up – November 14, 2019
- Breast Cancer Cheering Station – November 15, 2019
- Beatles vs Stones at the Belly Up – November 15, 2019
- Wake Up, Brother Bear! – November 16-17, 2019
- Mobile Museum: Pop-Up History on the Prado – November 16-17, 2019
- C-Note Pop Up Art Sale – November 16-17, 2019
- Twin Peaks at the Belly Up – November 16, 2019
- Rufus Wainwright with the San Diego Symphony – November 16, 2019
- Sing-a-Long Sound of Music – November 17, 2019
- Reckless Kelly at the Belly Up – November 17, 2019
Long Term Top Things to Do in San Diego
- Viejas Outlet Center Ice Rink – Thru January 29, 2020
- Dr. Seuss’s How the Grinch Stole Christmas! – Thru December 29, 2019
- Christ: Life, Death, and Resurrection – Thru December 13, 2019
- Belmont Park’s 8th Annual Beachside Fall Fest – Thru November 30, 2019
- Hops on the Harbor with Stone Brewing – Thru November 30, 2019
- “Boldly Stated” Art Exhibition – Thru November 30, 2019
- The Sunshine Boys at North Coast Repertory Theatre – Thru November 17, 2019
- 20th San Diego Asian Film Festival – Thru November 16, 2019
- Fleet Week San Diego – Thru November 12, 2019