San Diego realizes that many visitors are stranded due to volcanic ash. In support, the following hotels and attractions are offering special rates to accommodate visitors during this time.
– Motel 6, 3708 Plaza Dr., 760.941.1011, $39.60 per night.
– Motel 6 Downtown, 909 N Coast Hwy., 760.721.1543 $49.99 per night w/ micro & fridge.
– Holiday Inn Marina, 1401 Carmelo Dr., 760.231.7000, $99.00 per night.
– Residence Inn by Marriott, 3603 Ocean Ranch Blvd., 760.722.9600 $129 per night.
– Wyndham Oceanside Pier Resort, 333 N. Myers Street, 40% Off.
– Days Inns Days Oceanside, 1501 Carmelo Drive, 760.722.7661. 15% off rack rate.
– Sheraton Suites, 701 S Street, 619.696.9800. $79 rate, 5 minutes from airport.
The following museums and theme parks are offering free one-day admission to any tourists stranded in Southern California due to the interruption in international air travel caused by Icelandic volcanic ash:
– California Surf Museum, 312 Pier View Way, Oceanside, CA 760.721.6876
All stranded visitors must present a valid return airline ticket with dates from April 20th-April 27th, 2010 or until normal flight schedules return.