Is your wardrobe ready for Spring fashion? No worries if you are still preparing, you still have plenty of time.
I recently had the pleasure of attending Neiman Marcus’s Spring 2012 Trend Report that Ken Downing, Senior Vice President and Fashion Director, creates every year. Neiman Marcus, located in the Fashion Valley Shopping Center, is very fortunate to have a newly appointed Style Advisor, Alex Yanez. Mr. Yanez has been personally chosen by Ken Downing to be the style voice of Mr. Downing himself. With only eight Style Advisors throughout the 41 stores, San Diego is lucky to have one! Mr. Yanez presented on the following Top 10 Trends for Spring fashion in San Diego:
- Pink is the new black! All tones of the color pink from pale pink to “shocking” pink
- Yellow will be the new neutral
- Silver shoes; from sandals to wedges to heels
- Tribal revival for prints
- Sports Influences or another way to say it “Chic Athleticism.” Perfect for San Diego’s climate and lifestyle
- Prints from head-to-toe! From floral to graphics, anything goes
- Fancy Pants! Prints on pants to be showcased as the statement piece of your ensemble
- The dramatic earrings
- The clutch; carry a clutch for day or evening
- The Spring Face: A strong brow, soft lip and little rouge. Be sure to add retro sunglasses, like the Cat-Eye frame, for a picture perfect Spring face
The fashion show was so colorful and inspirational that it made me want to immediately purchase something bright and cheerful from some of the featured designers! San Diego’s Neiman Marcus is fortunate to currently have in stores the exclusive Resort/Spring collection for Nina Ricci, Erdem and Roland Mouret, just to name a few!
With Spring around the corner you will want to be sure to plan a shopping trip to Fashion Valley knowing that Neiman Marcus will be leading the way and heading you in the right direction for Spring Fashion!