1. Little Italy FESTA: Head down to Little Italy on Sunday, October 9 for the 17th Annual Little Italy FESTA. This colorful Italian celebration features music, fine food and “Gesso Italiano,” a traditional Italian street-painting festival.
2. Taste of North Park: On Saturday, October 8 from 11:00 am to 4:00 pm. North Park will be the place to be as it welcomes local dining enthusiasts to partake in one of the best assortments of cuisine experiences in the city. This is a wonderful opportunity to taste original culinary specialties along North Park’s aptly named “Restaurant Row.” Tickets to this event are $30 in advance and $35 at the door.
3. Ocean Beach Oktoberfest: OB will be rockin’ October 7th and 8th to the sounds of OB Oktoberfest. The Ocean Beach Oktoberfest – the uniquely Southern California salute to the celebration of German culture and fun – is back this year, with a second day added. In addition to the food and craft vendors and an all-ages stage on the grassy area at the foot of Newport Avenue, Saturday’s Oktoberfest will include performances by the Electric Waste Band, Tommy Cubs, The Heavy Guilt, the Naked Funk, Bateke Beat, Tribal Theory and the Bavarian Beer Garden Band.
4. 5th Avenue Auto Showcase: The historic Gaslamp Quarter invites car enthusiasts to stroll Fifth Avenue from K Street to E Street on Sunday, October 9 from 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. This free to view event will be open to the public and showcase high-performance automobiles ranging from the traditional classics to the lavish luxury modern vehicles of today.
5. LEGOLAND Brick or Treat Celebration: LEGOLAND California joins in the Halloween fun every Saturday in October with its annual Brick-or-Treat celebration, featuring a one-of-a-kind, 4-ft. tall LEGO jack-o-lantern. Children ages 12 and under can participate in fun-filled costume contests and trick-or-treat with a souvenir goodie bag along the park’s Brick-or-Treat Trail, a kid-sized cul-de-sac of spooky LEGO homes featuring fun and creepy creatures.