Search Our Blog
Meet the Bloggers
Images of San Diego
Tag Archives: ocean beach
After watching the Oscar awards last night, it got me thinking…what Oscar nominated films were shot in San Diego? Here are 5-to-Try films shot in San Diego. Do you know what part of town they were filmed in?
1. Babel (2006) Starring Brad Pitt and Cate Blanchett and nominated for seven Academy Awards, Babel tells the story involving four different families after tragedy strikes a married couple on vacation in the Moroccan desert. Scenes were shot in both San Diego and neighboring Mexico.
2. Almost Famous (2000) A high-school boy is given the chance to write a story for Rolling …
Wow it’s going to be a great weekend in San Diego! With the weather forecasted to be in the 70’s, get outside and head to the beach, or do something a little different. From a multi-cultural festival to a Whale Watching Festival, San Diego has no shortage of fun things to do! Which one sounds fun to you?
Stephen Strasburg 5k Walk with Tony Gwynn: Come join Stephen Strasburg and Tony Gwynn in a 5k walk and fun run benefiting the Aztec Baseball program. This is a family-friendly event that will include games, live music and fun for everyone.…
Who doesn’t want to try the hottest new restaurant in town?
There’s no better time to get out there and find your new favorites than during San Diego Restaurant Week. Because with reduced prices for three-course menus you can afford to explore a little.
Here’s some new restaurants to worth checking out:
San Diego’s commitment to the environment and the protection of its most treasured resources – 70 miles of beautiful beaches and the best year round weather in the country – is far reaching.
Below are 20 Green Facts about San Diego. On your next visit to San Diego, be sure to check one of them out!…
Today is National Ice Cream Sandwich Day (yes there is an actual day for this), so we decided to find the best and most interesting ice cream sandwiches in San Diego. What better way to celebrate a beautiful San Diego day then with one of these tasty treats?
Lighthouse Ice Cream and Yogurt – located in Ocean Beach, this is your classic beach ice cream shop. They feature the most amazing Hot Waffle Ice Cream Sandwich. First, you choose your flavor of ice cream and then, they sandwich it between two Belgium waffles and put it in an iron at …
There are two things that are sure to get San Diegans talking (other than sports); Which beach is the best, and where to eat the best fish tacos. While the fish taco officially started somewhere in Baja, San Diego has adopted it as its signature dish. Fish tacos can be found pretty much anywhere in San Diego – from the chain restaurant Rubio’s (one of the founding fish taco locations in San Diego) to more fine dining – George’s Ocean Terrace. So when you visit San Diego, be sure to try one – you won’t be disappointed. After the break are some of my favorite places for fish tacos. Read More…
- The 31st Annual Ocean Beach Street Fair & Chili Cook-off is this Saturday from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Newport Avenue. This FREE event will feature more than 200 vendors, art, food, rides, a children’s area, a SkateJam, entertainment on five stages and of course, delicious chili!
- Tantalize your taste buds this weekend with a downtown dine around. The 17th annual Taste of Gaslamp Quarter will be held both Saturday and Sunday from 1 to 4 p.m., offering more than 30 food samples each day. This self-guided tour will introduce you to a number of downtown
One of my favorite things about San Diego is all the diverse neighborhoods located within the county. All in all, there are more than 100 neighborhoods and one each offers its own unique experience, personality and charm. While I could go on and on about each, my hands-down favorite is Ocean Beach…well “OB” as us locals like to call it.
With each visit, this town’s laid-back, hippie beach vibe is contagious. I find myself truly relaxed as I sip mimosas in the sun, in awe with my latest fashion finds and entertained by the diversity of people and personalities …
For those of you that want to get out and see San Diego without having to worry about navigating the city streets, Vizit Tours offers four new sightseeing opportunities aboard a vintage Double Decker open top bus.
Every tour is narrated by a local tour guide that will tell you the history, facts and insider tips about each location throughout the tour. You can even hop-on or -off at any stop and get back on at a later time to complete the tour. Busses run every hour from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. each day. Or, you can catch the one-hour nighttime …
- This weekend is the 4th annual ArtWalk on the Bay, as in San Diego Bay along the downtown waterfront embarcadero. The event will feature live music, wine tastings, kids activities and of course, some of the region’s finest art. The free event takes place from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday at the Embarcadero Marina Park North (behind Seaport Village).
- San Diego’s culinary community joins forces for the 5th annual San Diego Restaurant Week, kicking-off this Sunday. More than one-hundred of the city’s top restaurants will offer prix-fixe, three-course dinner menus for just $20, $30