Search Our Blog
Images of San Diego
Tag Archives: ocean beach
1. 17th Annual San Diego Festival of Beer: San Diego’s oldest beer festival will once again take over the streets of downtown San Diego on Friday, September 9th. More than 5,000 beer lovers attend the annual event that features live bands on two stages, food and more than 150 of San Diego’s finest craft beers.
2. 21st Annual Sycuan Pow-Wow: The Sycuan Band of the Kumeyaay Nation presents a traditional celebration featuring Indian song, dance, arts and crafts, games and food, September 10-12.
3. La Jolla Rough Water Swim: The largest rough-water swimming competition in the U.S. …
I personally celebrate ice cream year round, however someone somewhere decided July should be National Ice Cream month. Therefore, in honor of that yummy dairy confection we give you our top three choices to celebrate Ice Cream.
1. Mootime Creamery: With two locations in Coronado, this is a must stop for ice cream lovers when visiting the Island. All of their ice cream is handcrafted from scratch and feature flavors such as Double Dark Chocolate, Silly Vanilly, and Cappuccino.
2. Se San Diego: In honor of Ice Cream Month, Se San Diego launched a new Ice Cream Mixology …
Do you love visiting San Diego? Really love it? Then enter to win our sweepstakes and you could win a 5 night stay at the Hilton San Diego Bayfront Hotel and airfare for two! And as the big winner, you’ll have five whole days to enjoy all that San Diego has to offer. Never been to San Diego or interested in trying something new? Here’s how I would spend my five days highlighting the outdoors and our amazing beaches.
Waking up each morning at the Hilton San Diego Bayfront Hotel will provide inspiration as you plan your day. The …
After watching the Oscar awards last night, it got me thinking…what Oscar nominated films were shot in San Diego? Here are 5-to-Try films shot in San Diego. Do you know what part of town they were filmed in?
1. Babel (2006) Starring Brad Pitt and Cate Blanchett and nominated for seven Academy Awards, Babel tells the story involving four different families after tragedy strikes a married couple on vacation in the Moroccan desert. Scenes were shot in both San Diego and neighboring Mexico.
2. Almost Famous (2000) A high-school boy is given the chance to write a story for Rolling …
Wow it’s going to be a great weekend in San Diego! With the weather forecasted to be in the 70’s, get outside and head to the beach, or do something a little different. From a multi-cultural festival to a Whale Watching Festival, San Diego has no shortage of fun things to do! Which one sounds fun to you?
Stephen Strasburg 5k Walk with Tony Gwynn: Come join Stephen Strasburg and Tony Gwynn in a 5k walk and fun run benefiting the Aztec Baseball program. This is a family-friendly event that will include games, live music and fun for everyone.…
Who doesn’t want to try the hottest new restaurant in town?
There’s no better time to get out there and find your new favorites than during San Diego Restaurant Week. Because with reduced prices for three-course menus you can afford to explore a little.
Here’s some new restaurants to worth checking out:
San Diego’s commitment to the environment and the protection of its most treasured resources – 70 miles of beautiful beaches and the best year round weather in the country – is far reaching.
Below are 20 Green Facts about San Diego. On your next visit to San Diego, be sure to check one of them out!…
Today is National Ice Cream Sandwich Day (yes there is an actual day for this), so we decided to find the best and most interesting ice cream sandwiches in San Diego. What better way to celebrate a beautiful San Diego day then with one of these tasty treats?
Lighthouse Ice Cream and Yogurt – located in Ocean Beach, this is your classic beach ice cream shop. They feature the most amazing Hot Waffle Ice Cream Sandwich. First, you choose your flavor of ice cream and then, they sandwich it between two Belgium waffles and put it in an iron at …
There are two things that are sure to get San Diegans talking (other than sports); Which beach is the best, and where to eat the best fish tacos. While the fish taco officially started somewhere in Baja, San Diego has adopted it as its signature dish. Fish tacos can be found pretty much anywhere in San Diego – from the chain restaurant Rubio’s (one of the founding fish taco locations in San Diego) to more fine dining – George’s Ocean Terrace. So when you visit San Diego, be sure to try one – you won’t be disappointed. After the break are some of my favorite places for fish tacos. Read More…
- The 31st Annual Ocean Beach Street Fair & Chili Cook-off is this Saturday from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Newport Avenue. This FREE event will feature more than 200 vendors, art, food, rides, a children’s area, a SkateJam, entertainment on five stages and of course, delicious chili!
- Tantalize your taste buds this weekend with a downtown dine around. The 17th annual Taste of Gaslamp Quarter will be held both Saturday and Sunday from 1 to 4 p.m., offering more than 30 food samples each day. This self-guided tour will introduce you to a number of downtown