Search Our Blog
Meet the Bloggers
Images of San Diego
Tag Archives: craft beer
Peanut butter and jelly, burgers and fries, chips and dip…good things come in pairs. For most people, sports and beer are an equally classic combination. Throw in the sparkling San Diego coastline, and you’ve got a recipe for a great afternoon.
Find out more after the break… Read More…
In San Diego, nothing pairs better with a holiday meal than a local craft beer. Whether you enjoy one while taking in the view from your hotel balcony or pick up a few to take home as a souvenir, visitors can find a little taste of San Diego in the special seasonal releases from the regions celebrated craft brewers.
Little Italy has long been known for, of course, Italian food. But a recent influx of exciting new restaurants and bottle shops is bringing some serious culinary creativity to the neighborhood, making it one of the tastiest destinations in San Diego. Read More…
Help us figure out where we are in San Diego today by leaving your comment after the break. Where can you find this hand-tossed pizza? Read More…
1. San Diego Beer Week: From November 4-13, hundreds of beer-centric events take place throughout the county during this 10-day festival that highlights San Diego’s award-winning craft beer, breweries and pubs. Two capstone events are the San Diego Brewers Guild Festival’s kick-off on November 5 at Liberty Station on Point Loma and the closing event, a beer and food pairing at the Lodge at Torrey Pines in La Jolla on November 13.
1. 17th Annual San Diego Festival of Beer: San Diego’s oldest beer festival will once again take over the streets of downtown San Diego on Friday, September 9th. More than 5,000 beer lovers attend the annual event that features live bands on two stages, food and more than 150 of San Diego’s finest craft beers.
2. 21st Annual Sycuan Pow-Wow: The Sycuan Band of the Kumeyaay Nation presents a traditional celebration featuring Indian song, dance, arts and crafts, games and food, September 10-12.
3. La Jolla Rough Water Swim: The largest rough-water swimming competition in the U.S. …
With mild coastal temperatures in the 70s complemented by refreshing ocean and bay breezes, San Diego is the perfect place to beat the heat during this sweltering summer. Here is a list of 10 Great Ways to Beat to the Heat in San Diego.
1. Swim, snorkel, surf, kayak, paddleboard and build sandcastles along San Diego’s 70 miles of picturesque coastline. With refreshing Pacific waters, San Diego’s beaches offer a variety of unique settings, from the white sandy shores of Coronado Beach (rated the 2nd best beach in the country by Dr. Beach) to the Mediterranean-like coves of luxurious …
Discover San Diego’s Neighborhoods with our Summer Sweepstakes. Join us every week as we showcase the best in what to do, where to eat, and where to stay in some of San Diego’s unique neighborhoods. Be sure to check back for exciting insider tips, giveaways, and more! This week’s spotlight is on centrally-located Mission Valley and historic Old Town.
Mission Valley and Old Town are adjacent to each other, but they have two distinct dining communities. Mission Valley is a prime location for family-friendly fare and well-known restaurant chains. When it comes to authentic Mexican food in San Diego, there’s no …
1. 4th Annual SUPERSEAL Triathlon & SEAL Sprint: Come out to Coronado and cheer everyone on as they complete the course designed by local Navy SEALs. The SUPERSEAL Triathlon consists of a 1,500 meter swim in the Silver Strand State Beach Bay, followed by a 40K bike course on Highway 75 and 10K running course. The SEAL Sprint consists of a 500 meter swim, 20K bike course and 6K run.