Search Our Blog
Meet the Bloggers
Images of San Diego
Tag Archives: restaurant week
1. San Diego Bay Fair: This thrilling event from September 16-19 features thunderboat racing, tunnel hulls, drag boats, hydroplanes, fireworks and concerts, as well as specialty vendors and food, along and on the waters of Mission Bay.
2. San Diego Restaurant Week: Restaurant Week kicks off, Sunday, September 18 and runs through September 23rd. More than 180 of San Diego’s finest restaurants participate in a celebration of the local dining scene with prix fixed menus.
3. Coronado Art Walk: The city’s annual celebration of the arts from September 17-18 features exhibits of paintings, hand-crafted jewelry, photography, ceramics …
Restaurant Week starts tomorrow, and I cannot wait! Earlier this week, I got a “sneak peak” of what one of my favorite restaurants, Croce’s Restaurant and Jazz Bar will be serving. Croce’s, located in the Gaslamp Quarter, offers contemporary American cuisine as well as live music nightly in the adjoining bar. Not only can you order from their special three-course menu (for $40 per person) during Restaurant Week, but Croce’s is keeping their full menu available as well. The Restaurant Week menu features sumptuous choices such as Bordeaux Braised Short Rib Sliders, Charbroiled CAB Filet Mignon with Passion Fruit Demi …
Wow it’s going to be a great weekend in San Diego! With the weather forecasted to be in the 70’s, get outside and head to the beach, or do something a little different. From a multi-cultural festival to a Whale Watching Festival, San Diego has no shortage of fun things to do! Which one sounds fun to you?
Stephen Strasburg 5k Walk with Tony Gwynn: Come join Stephen Strasburg and Tony Gwynn in a 5k walk and fun run benefiting the Aztec Baseball program. This is a family-friendly event that will include games, live music and fun for everyone.…
Who doesn’t want to try the hottest new restaurant in town?
There’s no better time to get out there and find your new favorites than during San Diego Restaurant Week. Because with reduced prices for three-course menus you can afford to explore a little.
Here’s some new restaurants to worth checking out:
Ahh, the steakhouse. The perfectly aged and impeccably seared steak. The generous sides. The big, welcoming leather booths. Usually these are reserved for special occasions or those with expense accounts but, during San Diego Restaurant Week you can dine out at some of San Diego’s best steakhouses – including the big national names like Morton’s, Ruth’s Chris and The Palm – for a fraction of the normal cost. But, let’s think independently. Following are a few steakhouses you’ll find only in San Diego with deals available only during Restaurant Week:
- Located in downtown’s East Village, Cowboy Star mixes a
With our reputation for bountiful beaches, it might surprise some to know that San Diego is an agricultural powerhouse that’s home to more than 6,000 farmers and #1 in the nation for small farms.
Thankfully though, San Diego’s chefs are well aware of the region’s agricultural bounty and make it their priority to source ingredients locally and bring that homegrown San Diego goodness to you.
Following are a few places where you can enjoy discounted farm to table dining during Restaurant Week:
- Located in the heart of La Jolla, Whisknladle earned recognition from Conde Nast Traveler for their artisanal approach
Heads up ladies. San Diego Restaurant Week is a fantastic excuse to gather up your best girlfriends, get all dressed up and have a girls’ night out. After all, when a little “me time” is on the agenda, nothing is more fun than dishing it up with your girls over an incredible meal and, more importantly, a rocking dessert.
But, with so many Restaurant Week options, are you at a loss as to where to go?
Here are a few picks that will impress even your frenemies:
- Avenue 5 Restaurant & Bar in Banker’s Hill serves up the most
No two ways about it, San Diego is gorgeous. With coastline for miles and natural beauty that just doesn’t quit, this town is good looking. So, when San Diego Restaurant Week rolls around, you might as well opt for a restaurant where you can enjoy the view.
Here are a few that are pretty as a picture and have top-notch cuisine, too:
- Nestled on Harbor Island, Island Prime looks across San Diego Bay toward the downtown skyline with a view is pretty all day long and particularly spectacular at night. Feast your eyes on the view but don’t let it
Nothing is more important than a first impression and even long-term loves need a little romance. No matter how long you’ve been with your special someone, San Diego Restaurant Week has the perfect place – at the perfect price – for date night. It’s all about choosing the right spot.
Here’s a few picks for each stage of your relationship:
- First Date. You want to impress but not overwhelm and are trying to be charming and chic, right? Café Chloe in downtown’s East Village is romantic but casual and has a worldly, Parisian ambiance that will ensure night to remember.
Did you know San Diego is located on almost the same latitude at Japan’s capital?
Yep, head practically due East across the Pacific from San Diego and you’ll end up in Tokyo. Or, save on airfare and dine out for San Diego Restaurant Week.
Enjoy incredible sushi, sashimi and more at: