La Jolla’s dual personality of boutique luxury village and college town are equally represented in its nightlife. Choices range from upscale wine bars with live jazz music to laid back brewhouses and bars. Whether you’re “suiting up” or keeping it casual, La Jolla’s got a spot for you.
No matter what kind of band visitors crave, from the legendary stars to the innovative upstarts, the BellyUp Tavern has music for everyone. Leave a comment on this post after the break for a chance to catch They Might Be Giants at the BellyUp!
1. San Diego Beer Week: From November 4-13, hundreds of beer-centric events take place throughout the county during this 10-day festival that highlights San Diego’s award-winning craft beer, breweries and pubs. Two capstone events are the San Diego Brewers Guild Festival’s kick-off on November 5 at Liberty Station on Point Loma and the closing event, a beer and food pairing at the Lodge at Torrey Pines in La Jolla on November 13.
1. TRASH, The New Children’s Museum: Features the work of 12 artists from around the globe focused on the kid-friendly and timely topic of trash. The exhibition encompasses each work of art, hands on art-making projects, school curricula, artist lectures, family workshops and special events. The exhibition opens with a free community block party on […]
1. Little Italy FESTA: Head down to Little Italy on Sunday, October 9 for the 17th Annual Little Italy FESTA. This colorful Italian celebration features music, fine food and “Gesso Italiano,” a traditional Italian street-painting festival. 2. Taste of North Park: On Saturday, October 8 from 11:00 am to 4:00 pm. North Park will be […]
1. MCAS Miramar Air Show: Part of San Diego”s annual Fleet Week celebration, the year”s air show will celebrate the centennial of San Diego”s naval aviation, September 30-October 2. Among the planes featured in the salute are vitnage biplanes, Air Force Thunderbirds, a Navy Super Hornet and numerous stealth fighter jets. La Jolla Art & […]
1. The 30th Adams Avenue Street Fair: Southern California’s largest free two-day all-ages music festival will celebrate its 30th anniversary on Saturday, September 24, from 10:00 am to 9:00 pm, and Sunday, September 25, from 10:00 am to 6:00 pm. This year’s Adam’s Avenue Street Fair will include more than 70 musical acts performing on […]
1. San Diego Bay Fair: This thrilling event from September 16-19 features thunderboat racing, tunnel hulls, drag boats, hydroplanes, fireworks and concerts, as well as specialty vendors and food, along and on the waters of Mission Bay. 2. San Diego Restaurant Week: Restaurant Week kicks off, Sunday, September 18 and runs through September 23rd. More […]
1. 17th Annual San Diego Festival of Beer: San Diego’s oldest beer festival will once again take over the streets of downtown San Diego on Friday, September 9th. More than 5,000 beer lovers attend the annual event that features live bands on two stages, food and more than 150 of San Diego’s finest craft beers. […]
1. Festival of Sail: The 2011 Festival of Sail, hosted by the Maritime Museum of San Diego, will transform the North Embarcadero into a nautical theme park. More than twenty tall ships and other fascinating vessels from around the world will visit San Diego, September 2-5. The festival kicks off with a majestic parade of […]